Chapter 5: Flirting and Spilled Wine

Out of all the things Jolie thought she'd feel at the wedding, she didn't imagine one of them would be boredom. But as she sat at an empty table watching everyone else dance, that was exactly what she felt.

But eventually, Lily came to sit at the empty table.

"I know this is my wedding and all," she started. "but I have been dancing for an hour and I am exhausted."

Jolie laughed at that, and Lily joined her.

They chatted for a bit, but every once in a while there would be a small silence where they both looked at the dancing crowd which included James jumping up and down to the loud music while shouting the words perfectly.

Then suddenly and out of nowhere, Jolie broke the silence without glancing at her cousin. In fact, she was staring at a particular dark haired, grey eyed man who was on the dance floor, jumping and shouting along with the groom.

"Lily, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"The best man. What's his name?"

Lily was taken aback by the question. "...Why?"

"Just curious." Julie said casually.

"His name's Sirius." Said Lily in a cautious tone.

"Huh." Jolie said, glancing at him on the dance floor.

"I'm asking you again, Jolie." Lily said suspiciously. "Why?"

"No reason." Jolie said, trying to seem nonchalant. "Is he the groom's brother?"

Lily squinted at her. "His best friend actually."

"Alright." Jolie said them a short silence fell between them until Lily broke it by saying "Jolie?"

But before Lily could interrogate Jolie about her questions, she got up quickly and said "I'm gonna go get a drink. You want one? No? Cool. Bye!" and then she headed for the bar as Lily shouted back at her "Jolie! Wait!" But it was of no use. Jolie was already gone.

But when she got to the bar, she didn't order anything like she said she would.

Instead, she just sat there, looking at the crowd around her and her face turned into a scowl whe she spotted a certain long necked blonde who was wearing a white dressat her own sister's wedding.

Petunia was -as she was from the start of the wedding- wearing a disgusted look on her long, thin face and had her arms crossed like a child. She was sitting at a table for two with who Jolie guessed was her husband.

He was so beefy that Joie wondered how he fit through doors. He had short black hair and a thick black mustache to match it.

Not that it was stylish, but it sure did match.

Then she saw Petunia getting up and heading to the bar, sitting as far away from Jolie as she could.

Jolie rolled her eyes at the woman's passive aggressive actions.

But as she was distracted by her annoyance at the bride's sister, she didn't notice the tall gentleman she was already entranced by get off the dance floor and approach her until he sat right next to her, blocking her view of the rude woman she was glaring at.

"What's got you so angry?" He inquired.

"Nothing." She replied, staring forward and taking a deep breath to calm herself.

Sirius noticed the breath but decided not to push as he knew absolutely nothing about her. Yet.

So thi king about it, he decided to go with a different approach as to help her with her gloomy mood.