CHAPTER 2 || The Entrance Exam

James woke up with a knock on his room's door "James, prepare yourself, I'll see you in the living room in thirty minutes, I'll enroll you to Stingway." James immediately stand up and begun to look around. He's not dreaming, it's real. And his room matched his style, It's painted with matcha green and matched with brown wood floor with white ceiling. He can't imagine that he's really fit to this world.

     James started his day by going to his comfort room who have a fancy lavatory, bathtub, and toilet. He brushed his teeth first then immediately took his shower. He's in the middle of showering when Louis knocked and opened his room'd door to give him his attire for today. It's a white long sleeves and black trousers with bowtie.

     "James, I'll be putting here your clothes, make sure you finish up, we'll be late, and so do I."

     "Yes, Sir"

     "Don't call me Sir, just call me Louis or Mr. Louis."

     "Alright, I'll be out in a minute"

     Louis left the room and proceeded to the couch downstairs reading the newspaper with his hand holding a coffee. James so left the shower and begun clothing his self. He saw a decent fancy colored in black near his bedside table. He wore it of course. He also saw a walking stick near it and said "I'll take you also.". He then applied his fragrance, it smells citrus, aromatic, and marine. It's a watery scent that filled the room. He then left his room. But before he leaves, he of course grabbed a book that he will read.

     He arrived at the living room, presenting himself to Louis who have a smirk and got a sharp eye on him. Based to his expression, he's impressed. Mr. Louis doesn't have any child or wife, so he treat James like his child. Despite his low, calm, strange, scary, and deep voice, he have empathy on others, he have a human-like heart even if he looked like he's about to eat someone.

     "I'm all done Mr. Louis, mind if I bring this book? I'm interested."

     "You look great boy, well sure, we better leave now."

     James and Mr. Louis now leaved the house and James saw the beautiful dark street going to the Stingway. The street is full of people and buildings. The buildings are bade of old materials like bricks and painted as red, dark, violet, and more. The road is made of cobblestone. And in the end point of the street. We can spot the Stingway School. It's made of concrete, bricks, and more, they even used metals, and it was painted with white and full of window that has a wooden frame. As James and Louis arrived, they went to the registration table which is in the main hall of the school. The hall was so expensive looking, almost similar to church but way more bigger. There are torches that's hanging in the wall which serves as the main light source.

     "Oh, nice to meet you Professor, what do we have here?"

     "Good Morning, Thank you for waiting us, I have here a boy, I adopted him since yesterday, and we came here to enroll him"

     "Sure sir, May I have the information paper?"

     "Sure."

     Mr. Louis gave a paper that's full of complete lied information of James, the only true information is his first name, his age, and his gender. Of course James saw that because the table is too short. He's surprised to what he have seen, "how did Mr. Louis managed to do that in just 1 day after we met?" he asked himself in his mind. And later on, James was called on for an Entrance Exam. He wasn't prepared, he began shaking and sweat. He became nervous as his blood stop circulating. He arrived to the hall where most of the students are preparing. Mr. Louis said good bye to him and greeted him.

     "I know you're not prepared, and I know that you can do this. You're intelligent right? You can do it. And I'll be going now. Meet me in the cafeteria late."

     "Thanks Mr. Louis, I'll do my best."

     Mr. Louis soon left and he took a seat where his name was assigned. He grabbed his pen and soon the test papers was distributed. And the exam started immediately. He realized it's so easy for him that's one of the best student in the outer world.
     Some questions contain Mathematics, Algebra, Literature, History of the Inner World, and Science. What only makes him passed out is the History of the Inner World and the strange Science which is more about plants and herbology.

     After 30 minutes, James dropped his pen to the table and shouted "Done, Sir.". It's very rare moment for the school as most of the top of the student when they're still taking entrance exam, they consume 1 and above hour. And James is the first student examinee who finished that fast. The professor who's assigned to the exam was confused and suspected he have cheated, but he didn't, he doesn't have any materials on him, only a pen and a paper. So the professor already checked his paper. To Mrs. Wood's (Professor) surprise, he got it all correct on Mathematics, Algebra, Literature, and Science. And only got 5 mistakes in History. Very suspicious that she came looking for security camera to check if he cheated. And clearly, she doesn't see any cheating actions.

     She raised her voice and announced to everyone;

     "I'm glad to announce that Mr. James who finished in just 30 minutes have passed the exam and only have 5 mistakes. Congratulations!"

     Mr. Louis heard the announcement since his office is just only few meters away from the hall. He was surprised that he rushed towards Mrs. Wood.

     "Mrs. Wood, did James really passed and only took 30 mins to answer and only took 5 mistakes?" He asked with a soft voice.
     "Oh Professor Louis! I heard you're the guardian of him! Congratulations! And yes, he did!" Mrs. Wood said with a warm beautiful voice.

     "I see, thank you professor." Louis replied with happiness in his face.

     James immediately saw the happy professor Louis. He came to him immediately and told him that the exam is easy.

     "Professor! I mean Mr. Louis! Why didn't you told me that the exam is just easy as you're making a tea!"

     "Easy?! But it's hard! I didn't even got 80/100 before when I studied here, but look who got 95/100! I'm really proud of you James. You constantly brought up my name in the campus."

     "You're welcome Mr. Louis."

     "Now you'll have to pick up your uniforms and books in the faculty, go get it, I'll be in my office. After you get it, you may go to house already, you can buy some supplies or food in the street, here's your allowance."

     "Thank you so much Mr. Louis!"

     "Keep safe."

     Mr. Louis leaved him in the hall while James proceed to the faculty to get his uniform and books. Going there, he walked past the beautiful fancy staircase. It's made of marble and concrete while a red carpet with gold border is rolling through its step. The staircase splits in two, left wing going to the classrooms while right wing going to the offices and faculty. Obviously James will go to right wing.

     James arrived to faculty and paid for his uniform and books that's worth 1000 Goldbux. Thankfully Mr. Louis gave him 3000 Goldbux for just 1 day. His monthly income is approximately 100,000 Goldbux, rich right?

     After he left the faculty, he soon left the school also. He walked through the 5kilometer street, his eyes immediately shined from what he have seen. It's a beautiful, and aesthetic café. He went through the café and ordered a latte. The coffee names here is similar to what is in the outer world.

     "Good Afternoon! I would like to order a Cappuccino and croissant."

     "Oh is that all? That would be 90 goldbux!" Cashier told.

Soon his order arrived. He immediately burst into excitement, it's so good that it's his favorite drink from now on.

     "What's with the taste of this coffee..." he whispered with smile.

     "Young man, Is it alright if we'll have to kick you out? Don't worry about the drink, we'll refill and pack it again. It's just the Royals is coming, they want it exclusive, so if you would mind.."
     "Sure! No problem Ms?"

     "Ms. Helga"

     "Pleasure to meet you ma'am."

     "Here's your drink! Hope to see you again here!" Ms. Helga the waitress said while giving the drink to James.

     "Thank you"

     James soon leaved the café, but he realized it's the royal bloods. He decided to wait for the royal blood outside. And after 30 minutes, Then royals come with their horses. They all are wearing crimson capes. They have reddish eyes just like what James have ever since he got into the inner world.

     "Move young man! How dare you block our way!"

     "Sorry sir.."

     James immediately leaved and while on his walk to the house, he came to think that the royals are really rude. And he realized that his eyes was just like them. The only difference is their attitude and position. James arrived at home, he spent his hours hanging out in the living room, he read books, newspaper, and sleep in his room. He still can't believe on his 2nd day in Everbrown. Till night time came, Mr. Louis got home. He got some foods with him, and some bags that's revealing what it contains. It's full of books. Louis' favorite thing to do is to read, specially history. That's why he's the professor in History of Everbrown. They went through the dining table and started eating.

     "Mr. Louis, guess what?"

     "What is it?"

     "I met the royals earlier in the café, I came to realize we have the same eyes, luckily they didn't came to think about my eye."

     "Well that's good, now you know who they are and how bad they are."

     Soon they finished eating, the plates who's full of chicken, and vegies soon became empty. They both went to their room, James immediately took a bath, and afterwards changed into his sleeping outfit.

     Their school term will start at October 26, 3 days away from tonight. That's why James still have 3 days to discover about Everbrown.

     James soon after went to his bed, it's late 10 in the evening, he decided to read books for 1 more hour. And after, he came to asleep. Tired of his stressful and happy day.