5

That morning, Paige texted me to let me know that she would pick me up from my apartment. I was honestly thinking we were just going to walk since the studio wasn't too far but I was not complaining about get a ride from Paige Bueckers. 

When I finally got the notification that she was waiting outside my apartment, I threw on my shoes and headed out. I spotted Paige's black car as soon I stepped outside the building, she was on her phone but when I walked closer to the car she noticed me and gave me a bright smile which I reciprocated. 

I opened the door to the passenger seat and closed the door behind me. 

"Hey Cherry," She said giving me a small smile. 

I swear, she's been calling me Cherry so often that I almost keep forgetting that Cherry isn't my real name. 

"I still don't know why you insist on calling me that," I tell her before searching for the seat belt that seemed to have been stuck somewhere between the seat and the door. Paige notices me struggling so she unbuckles her own seatbelt and leans over me. Her hair falls over my shoulder as I feel her breath tickle my neck. I sat there frozen in place, heart beating a million miles as she finally found the belt, buckling me in.

"You know I could have done that myself if you gave me a few seconds," I tell her. 

"It hurts to see a pretty girl like you struggle, Cherry," She said with a smirk. "So I did it myself to save me the pain."

I rolled my eyes at her playfully. She seemed like the type to flirt mindlessly. At least that's what she did when we started texting. I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy it but I told myself not to get too attached. 

We reached the yoga studio after a few minuets of driving and stepped out of the car, slightly shivering. The weather app said that it was going to be warm today so I decided to wear some cute biker shorts and a pink top to match. But apparently Connecticut had a different idea of warm weather. 

I signed us in when I saw Dylan, one of the workers there who I was acquainted with waved at me.

"Dylan!" I greet him. "Didn't know you were on shift today."

He shrugged, "Yeah, Sam got pretty sick this morning so I had to fill in for her last minuet."

He looked towards Paige, his smile gone now. "Who's this?"

Paige stepped forward, giving him a firm handshake, "I'm Paige, Cherry's friend."

She casually drapped her arm around my shoulder, leaning against me. 

"Cherry?" Dylan looked between the two of us. 

I laugh, "Yeah, I'm doing the session with Paige today," I tell him. "Speaking of do you know if there any duo sessions going on today?"

"There's only the couple's yoga, but I'd doubt you'd want to do that."

Paige furrows her eyebrows, "Why wouldn't we?" She looks to me. She moves her arm away and somehow it didn't feel right so I wrap mine around it. "I think it'd be fun, don't you?"

"I'm down."

Dylan was silent for a bit, giving me a look. "Okay, then. The session's happening in room B."

"Thanks!" I tell him before ushering Paige to the room. 

"Hey, Cerise?" He called back to me.  

I turned back, Paige's arm still wrapped around mine.

"Text me, yeah?"

Huh. We were never really that close to text each other but I gave him a quick nod before walking away.