1

King Surya stumble back holding his chest shocked by physician's words.

We couldn't able to save the Queen. Physician declared bending her hand.

Kanya. King Surya mumbled letting tears flow from his eyes. He wished all the things happening right now to be a bad nightmare. This night snatched everything from him and the reason behind it all is crying before him wrapped in a white cloth. He regret the moment when he agreed with his wife Kanya to have this child.
If only he stayed determined in his decision today he wouldn't be standing in this state now.

Take this monster away. I don't want her near my sight. King Surya roared making the physician flinch in fear and made his way inside the chamber to queen Kanya.

Few years later...
Anika's pov

Don't worry Princesses Anika. I have come to take you from here. Give me your here. The prince told me extending his hand for me. I stood dumbfounded clasping my hands.

Come on princess Anika come with me.I came all the way only for you
He said seeing me standing still not moving a bit. I was busy staring the wounds and brushed on his well build arms. It's all for me.

Give me your hand princess. He said giving me a assuring smile. I reciprocated his smile and forwarded my hand to catch his hand and escape from this hell.

No it's can't be real. It doesn't seem real at all. I must be dreaming yeah I must be. I pinched my hand and it didn't pain a bit. That means I'm dreaming again. I opened my eyes and found myself in the same dark room there is no prince charming there and there won't be one.

I swiftly coverd my face with the black veil hearing foot steps approaching.

Anika beta I bought some food for you.
I heard dadi indumathi's voice.

I moved my head in positive response without turning my head to her since I was  banned to show my face to anyone and the reason.

I frowned my brows feeling dadi is still standing behind me not going out like always.  I heard some screeching sound behind but I dared to turn around to see. I don't want anything to happen to dadi because of me. She was the only who cares for me in the earth.

What's happening here? What's taking this long to serve a food. I heard a stern voice of a guard.

Nothing. I'm leaving. She told nervously collecting the dirt vessels of yesterday.

Stop. Guard said and heard some things falling sound like he's searching for something here.

Put the place and walk 5 steps ahead. I  heard him ordering me. And I did as he said.

Listen to me there is nothing in it. Don't mess the food it's all she gonna have today. I heard dadi's begging to guard.

You saved today old lady but if I caught you something behind my head then your life won't be with you. Did you get that. He roared storming out from the room followed by dadi.

I sighed taking the plate in hand and collected foods shattered on the ground in it. Then I divided the food into 3 parts.
I slowly ate a portion of food and saved the remaining two for lunch and dinner respectively. 

I laid on my back watching sky through the window as always just them my eyes caught the carpet. It is not in the place which it used to be in. I sighed and got up to put that on the correct place then my fell on something.

Alphabets. I learned basic education from dadi she taught me what she knew and I am so grateful for her. Now seeing the alphabet I pulled back the days when dadi used to teach me a  n alphabet daily with the excuse of serving food and i enjoyed learning.
I slowly pulled the carpet mag and found dadi's scribbles there.

Arrrr....uuuuuee...ennnmmn...thhhhh.eeeee...gooooo.....nnnaaaaa..kiiiii....llllllee...youuuuu. what does that mean..

R....u....n... Run

They going to k...I...l...l me.
I widened my eyes reading the scribbled on ground.
Run. They gonna kill you. I read again gulping in fear.