CHAPTER 18

(To get better understanding first read chapter 11 again )

AKSHARA'S POV

As I stepped into the room, a wave of anger surged through me.

There a man was, clinging to Siya, his hands gripping her arms a little too tightly.

My mind flashed back to the photograph I had seen in Mrunali Aunty’s room. Yes, that was Siya, her smile as bright as the morning sun, now eclipsed by fear.

I strode forward, my heart pounding in my chest. “Get your hands off her!” I demanded, my voice a fierce growl.

The man turned, surprise etching his features, but I didn’t give him a chance to react. With a firm shove, I threw him away from Siya, who stumbled into my arms.

“It’s okay, Siya. You’re safe now,” I whispered, holding her close as she sobbed into my shoulder.

Her tears dampened my shirt, but all I could think about was soothing her pain. “Shh… I’m here. He won’t hurt you again.”

Siya clung to me, her fingers digging into my back. “A..a..ngel...” she cried, her voice muffled.

“shhhhhh you’re brave, Siya. Braver than anyone I know,” I said, my own voice thick with emotion. “Let’s get you out of here, okay?" my voice was soft but firm, a stark contrast to the chaos around us.

Siya’s eyes, wide with fear, met mine. “But how? You know I can’t walk, and there are tons of bodyguards. How will we get out?”

“Not us, but you will get out safe and sound. I’ll come after some time,” i said, my resolve unwavering.

Because I knew the risks, the man who wouldn’t let me leave, the marriage he thought he could force upon me. But I wouldn’t yield, not to him, not to anyone. “I won’t marry that… person,” I thought fiercely. “But right now, I just want to save Siya.”

“No, I’m not leaving you here. How will you handle all these people alone?” Siya’s voice trembled, but her determination mirrored mine.

“Siya, calm down and listen to me. I will come out safe and sound. I can manage. But first, you have to go out safe. Sana is waiting for you,” i urged, my hands gripping Siya’s shoulders.

Siya shook her head, tears brimming. “I can’t—”

“You can, and you will. For me,” i cut in, my voice gentle yet commanding. “I promise I will come out safely and surely meet you.”

It took time, but Siya’s nod came, reluctant but trusting. The female bodyguards escorted her out, and I turned to follow when he appeared. The masked man, the threat, the one who called me ‘Aarzo.’