Chapter 13

*Please leave respectful comments about Paige and Azzi, anything that goes too far I will be removing. This is all for fun and all fictional. I am not assuming or forcing anything*

———-

Paige is currently at the gym, working her body hard. Lifting weight after weight. The pain in her arms addictive as she keeps pushing the barbell up and down. She's currently benching 200 pounds, not caring about how sore her arms are going to be later or tomorrow. She just needs to clear her head and the best way for her to do that is to focus on the ache in her arms as she starts getting fatigued, and slowly can't keep pushing the bar up anymore.

She keeps overthinking everything with Azzi and Andrew. She knows Azzi won't cheat on her or anything, but she's just worried about Andrew. And she's worried about Azzi thinking she's being controlling or possessive. She doesn't want Azzi to think she doesn't trust her, when she trusts her immensely. She wants Azzi to hang out with whoever she wants, whenever she wants, but she can't help but be jealous when she sees her girlfriend smiling and laughing at something that he said to her when they were at the cafe.

She doesn't even know why she's so jealous and bothered by him because she's the one dating Azzi, not him. Maybe it's because he doesn't know their dating so he might make a move? She doesn't know, this is what has been going through he head the entire week so far. She just can't wait for him to leave.

So the radical decision Paige has made is to distance herself for the time being until he leaves. Because she doesn't want Azzi to feel like she can't hang out with her high school friend just because she's jealous they've kissed once, when she's kissed Azzi dozens of times.

Which is why when they are getting ready for practice and she hears Azzi and Caroline talking about Andrew, and how Azzi is happy she got to see him because she hasn't seen him since they graduated, she gets up and starts heading to the court to start shooting.

She grabs a basketball off the rack and goes up to the basket and starts shooting free throws, so she doesn't have to stay in the locker room and hear all about Andrew and eventually snap, instead she's trying to take the higher road and walk away before she snaps, because she doesn't want to lose the best thing that has happened to her, which is Azzi.

But, what Paige doesn't know is that Azzi is upset with how she has been acting, thinking she's losing the blonde. She's noticed Paige becoming distant and every time she tries to talk to the blonde Paige leaves claiming "I don't want to be the jealous type," however that's exactly what Paige is. So, Azzi has made it her mission to talk to Paige after practice today no matter how hard Paige tries to get out of it.

Practice went well, they had a scrimmage against one another and did more cardio drills. Paige once again practiced super hard in order to try to clear her mind, but all that was thrown out the window when Geno asked her to put away the equipment for the day if she had so much energy, and Azzi stayed back to help her.

"Paige can we talk?" The younger girl asks as the rest of the team and coaches all leave the gym since practice is over.

"What do you want to talk about?" Paige asks wheeling the basketball rack into the storage closet as Azzi follows her.

"You. You have been distant this entire week, why?" Azzi asks trying to keep her composure not wanting to show the blonde how upset she is.

"It's what's for the best" Paige says simply shutting the storage closet door, so now they are just standing on the sideline of the court.

"Why? Why are you saying that? Why are you acting like this?" Azzi says her voice starting to betray her as it starts cracking. Paige notices this and her heart drops knowing she is hurting the girl when she thought she was helping.

"Because he keeps looking at you like I look at you" Paige says softly looking Azzi in the eyes as she thinks back to how Andrew looked at Azzi when they were walking to practice and then the way he was looking at her when they got coffee.

"You keep saying that but what does that even mean?" Azzi asks getting worked up over this whole situation. Paige keeps debating back in forth if she should say what she wants to say, worried it may be too early, but she knows if she doesn't she could risk losing the girl she's dreamed of having for so long.

"He loves you Azzi, just like I love you" Paige admits. Azzi looks shocked, not expecting that to come out of the blonde's mouth.

"What?" Azzi asks making sure she heard Paige right.

"At first I didn't understand why I had a bad feeling about him, but then once you told me you guys have kissed, and he likes you, I put it together. Because the way he looks at you is the way I look at you. With pure love in my eyes, willing to do anything and everything for you, you just have to say the word" Paige explains

"You have me wrapped around your finger Az, you have for so long now, and I just couldn't stand to see someone else look at you like that. So yes I was jealous, and I'm sorry if I made you upset but I distanced myself so I didn't make you feel bad about seeing him, but I made you upset anyway." Paige says upset with herself that she made Azzi upset when she was trying to do the exact opposite.

"Okay, shut up about him, I don't want to talk about him anymore" Azzi says walking closer to Paige, which makes the blonde laugh.

"What do you want me to say then?" Paige asks looking into her brown eyes, looking for any signal that she scared the girl in front of her by admitting she loved her.

"What you said before" Azzi says wrapping her arms around Paige's waist. Paige immediately knowing what Azzi means and wrapping her arms around her waist as well.

"I love you Azzi, so much" Paige says smiling looking into her eyes "I have since the day we met all those years ago playing on Team USA together, and the fact that I get to call you my girlfriend now seems unreal, like I need to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I'm not dreaming" Paige says softly laughing at the end, which makes Azzi laugh along with her.

"There's so much more I could say but I will save that for our wedding vows" Paige winks which makes the curly haired girl roll her eyes and laugh as she playfully shoves the blonde.

"Come here" Azzi says pulling Paige closer to her

"You're the one that just pushed m-" Paige says before getting cut off by Azzi pressing her lips on hers. Paige wastes no time in kissing her back. The kiss was getting heated quick as both girls fought for dominance. Paige slowly backed Azzi up into the wall. Azzi pulled back from the kiss resting her forehead on Paige's as she takes a second to catch her breath, looking into her blue eyes and smiling, with Paige smiling back with clear love in her eyes.

"I love you too by the way" Azzi says still smiling at the girl, Paige's smile got even bigger if that was even possible and she leans back in and connects their lips once again, a kiss filled with love and passion.

--

AN ~ They finally said the big L word! Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks for reading :)