Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Three

Here it is y'all! Please read the authuor's note at the end. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty Three

Harmony’s POV

“Now we’ll have the best man’s speech, Drew c’mon up” Julianne says with a smile.

Drew stands gulping and squeezes my hand before walking up to the podium. Clamped tightly in his shaking hand is the flash card on which his best man speech is written. I wipe my mouth with the napkin and place it on the table, turning to focus on Drew. Drew’s eyes snap right to mine and hold my gaze as he takes the microphone. I wink at him reassuringly.

“Hey y’all, well as Julianne said I’m Drew.” Drew says with a curt wave, “Also known as the brother of the bride and the groom’s best friend. Odd match up there.” Chuckles fill the room, “Finn gave me the option of singing or saying a normal speech and because speeches aren’t my thing I decided to go with a song” Drew picks up the acoustic guitar from it’s stand and drapes the strap around his neck to hold it in place.

“While I was sitting in my room listening to my girlfriend’s iPod trying to come up with a song to sing, I came across Heart’s song what’s Love Got to Do with it, and an idea struck me. There are just some songs that are totally inappropriate for a wedding that could just get you disinherited. But to hell with that. It’s my sister and I’m her brother, teasing comes naturally” Drew smirks at Leigh-Anne who is sitting at the stretch table glaring at him playfully. “So here it is”

Drew chuckles and starts strumming the opening Chords to one of The Cars songs.

She’s my best friend’s girl

But she used to be mine

“That just wouldn’t do, I’m slightly disgusted by the thought of that” Drew says laughing.

I start laughing along with the rest of the people in the tent. Drew beams and continues.

“There’s a song by REO Speedwagon that wouldn’t work out to well it either”

Heard it from a friend who

Heard it from another

You’ve been messing around

Laughter erupts throughout the room again. People keel over to clutch their stomachs and some reach for their drinks, choking when they start laughing in the middle of a big gulp.

“Yea, I think U2 had the worst wedding song” Drew says chuckling, sliding his fingers to the correct position.

I still haven’t found what I’m looking for

But I still haven’t found

What I’m looking for

I burst out laughing again clutching the table to keep from falling from my chair. Drew snorts and starts snickering at the look on Leigh-Anne’s face, Finn’s face are like the rest in the room. Although you can tell Leigh-Anne’s enjoying this more then she puts on.