Chapter Eight

The vampires moved around me, all of them following Sebastian's movement with their predator eyes like wolves waiting for a signal to attack. He stood next to Oliver, causing Theo to take another step away from the table in clear indication that he wasn't completely needed for this situation. Sebastian's fingertips traced my cheek lightly, tilting my head towards him carefully before he looked up at the others.

"Go ahead," He approved firmly. Suddenly, my clothes were being torn apart in random places. It was as if I was a gift wrapped in paper, selected pieces being ripped off almost eagerly.

"Where did you get this shit, Theo? A dumpster?" Miles quipped humorously. He tore away the oversized sleeve, baring my entire left arm to him and Levi. Theo didn't grace the question with an answer. Sebastian had politely rolled the sleeve of my other arm up, caressing my skin coaxingly while Oliver had helped Jax in tearing the legs of my pants from my feet nearly to my hips.

"Do we have to listen to your complaining every time?" Oliver answered for Theo. His touch was the first to trail along my skin after Sebastian. Oliver softly ran his entire hand from my ankle up to the inside of my right leg. "Come on, angel. Glow for me."

Jax followed in suit, his hands gripping my leg carefully. He cupped my left calf, lifting my leg just slightly before running his lips over the curve of my knee affectionately. It was enough for the flame to vaguely flicker within me; the smallest amount of pleasurable light sparking under his kiss.

"I see," Levi mused, watching Jax intensely. He grasped my left wrist, twisting my arm so that my palm was facing up. Then he bent forward to place the sweetest kiss on my wrist; so light and warm. A spark of fire resulted, enough to cause him to jerk back quickly as if it had stunned him. Miles watched the entire exchange suspiciously.

"What is it?" Miles asked his twin.

"It's like being given a dose of power. Or the end result of feeding all at once and so suddenly," Levi responded curiously, staring down at my wrist as if he had discovered something most valuable. He looked to Miles quickly. "Have a taste. You'll love it."

Miles gripped the same arm carefully, running his hand over my upper arm and nearing my shoulder line. With all of them touching me, I was definitely beginning to feel the warmth and desire stirring within me, though the luminescence still didn't appear on my skin for them. Miles moved forward, parting his lips slightly before planting a dominating kiss over my flesh, his tongue tasting my skin as well. The erupting flame that responded was even stronger than it had been with Levi, only Miles resisted pulling away in surprise. Instead, he opened his mouth and bit down greedily, his fangs tearing into my flesh causing blood to rush onto his tongue. My shallow breath had been caught in intense reaction.

"Miles," Theo exclaimed threateningly, but Sebastian silenced him with a look. A glow appeared under Miles' bite, stronger than ever. I stirred just slightly at the vicious flame that responded to his desperate pull on my veins, the sensation nothing short of bliss. Miles lifted his head with a gasp, leaning back in exhilaration.

"I've never tasted anything like that," Miles stated, his voice caked with hunger and excitement. My regeneration ability had already begun to replace what blood he had taken from me and the flame within me wasn't yet satisfied enough to remain. The radiance faded without words etching behind them.

"We'll feed, then," Sebastian announced after observing for a moment. He looked up at the others carefully, "We're not aiming to kill, understand? Show a bit of self-control. All of you." He paused only a moment before gripping my arm more firmly. He lifted my limb to him deliberately and bit into my forearm. His jaw was strong and tense with restraint and the feel of his bite on my arm sent a sharp static of fire throughout me.