Chapter 9: Light Moves

**** I just finished watching and reading Death Note, and I cannot express the sadness I felt. I mean, don't get me wrong. I hated Light, but I felt pity for him. Seeing he has nowhere to go, no one around to help him once they knew he was Kira. And simply dying halfway on the stairs... all alone. And the soul of L, watching him. And the fact that almost everyone else dies was just.. ugh. :c

OKAY, NO MORE SAD STUFF. AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T FINISHED DEATH NOTE, WELL, SUCKS TO BE YOU. ^^ ('cause that's one major spoiler I said up there)

I'm just kidding! Enjoy Chapter 9 you guys~

Warning: Light may become a little OOC in here... I don't really know what happened. But yeah... xD ****

- Light's POV -

Well L, if it's a battle you want, it's a battle you'll get.

Lunchtime...

I spotted Amai eating all by herself at a lunch. Typical. I decided to join her. After seeing me, her eyes suddenly became more focused on her half-eaten sandwich and salad.

I took a seat opposing to hers, so it looks like we're facing each other. She gave off a menacing glare before stabbing her lettuce with a fork. I wouldn't be surprised if she was imagining that the vegetable she just stabbed was my face.

"What do you want?" She asked coldly. I grabbed her hand, which was laying down on the table. She quickly pulled it away though.

"Look, don't be so angry about earlier," I explained. "It was just..."

She suddenly slammed her hands down the table. "It was just what huh? Some game you decided to play with Ryuzaki? And what's the prize? Me?!"

I noticed that we're already getting weird glances from the others, so it's better not to continue this conversation any longer.

"Look Amai. We'll talk about this later. For now, why don't you just lay low and do what I say, okay?" I said calmly. Luckily, she also noticed the attention we're getting so she agreed.

Before I could leave the table, she pulled me in my shirt and slowly whispered in my ear...

"You are so dead later Yagami."

- Amai's POV -