Episode 50: (anniversary episode) together forever

Hello everyone,

I can't believe it. This is the 50th episode of The Secret Life Of The American Teenager season 6. I've been writing this story since August 2015. Which is 2 years!!!

So this has to be celebrated. The 50th episode + 2 years of this story. This wouldn't have been a thing if it wasn't for all of you who supported me endlessly. Thank you all so much! I appreciate you all. Now let's get back to the story won't we ;).

-

Episode 50: Together forever

He walked into her room. Room 233.
The room was pretty dark. The curtains were closed. The lights were off. The only light that made its way into the room was the hallway light. It was late at night. The only sound that filled the room were the beeping sounds of the machine on the right of her bed.
This all didn't feel right. He remembered from when John was born that it was a happy thing, instantly. Yeah sure, it was weird to look at a baby he helped create at age sixteen. But still, John was his. And Amy's. They would be bonded together forever through a child they made.
But now... they didn't even let him see his newborn daughter yet. Amy was still sleeping. Anne and George went home because there was only one person allowed to stay at night. And they thought it would be better for him and Amy if he would stay, for her. They would be coming back first thing in the morning.

Ricky walked towards Amy's bed. He left the door open so he could have a little light in the room.
He looked at her. She looked better but still, you could clearly see her body had to endure every inch of pain these couple of days... months even.
He held her hand tight and played with her fingers. He looked at her face. How peacefully she was sleeping. All the guilt that he was trying to hold in for months collapsed down on him. Only now, it didn't only involve Amy. It also involved his daughter. Their daughter. 'He started walking down memory lane to get some of his memory back. The things he hid behind his mind. The things he wanted to forget. He wanted to forget his and Clementine's whole relationship. How it now felt like a lie. He wanted to forget how he made Amy feel when she told him she was pregnant. He wanted to forget all of that. But he couldn't. He never talked about all of this, to no one. Especially not Amy. Their 'relationship' as John's parents went downhill after she left for New York. He knew it wouldn't work. He just knew it. But now. He wants her. All of her. And he was going to fight for that. For her. He wasn't sure how. But he was going to fight for her.

-

Her eyes opened slowly. As she was opening her eyes she could feel a little pain down her stomach. And the pain of opening her very dry eyes. The eyes that were closed for a very long time. Or so it felt like it. Once her eyes were open she tried to look around. But everything was blurry, still. A huge clock was right in front of her and it took her attention. The clock said 6:45. She could hear the sound of birds making loud noises. Of people talking at a short distance. She instantly grabbed her belly. Her belly felt flat. Not entirely. But definitely thinner than it was before. Her thoughts were all over the place. What had happened? "Where is my baby?" She murmured. Or, she tried to. "Amy?" She heard. "Amy, are you awake?" She looked around and saw Ricky sitting on her right. "Ricky...?" His staring eyes immediately lifted up. "Yes, Amy. It's me." He said, holding her hands. "Where is..." She tried to say. "where is... my baby?" Ricky's look changed into a worried one. He didn't know how to bring the news that the baby was taken away to take care of because she was born too early. "She's alright. She's perfect, Amy." Amy smiled. "She is?" a tear rolled down her face. "Yes, she is. She is the most perfect thing you'll see." He responded back. "When can I see her?" Amy asked, looking down at how her fingers perfectly slided into his hand. "Soon." He said. "I promise." She started laughing. "So, I guess I'm fine too?" Ricky smiled. "Yeah, you are! More than fine, actually." He sighed. "You know, when all of this is over and we go home with the baby and stuff..." He swallowed. "We really need to talk, Amy." She nodded. "Yeah, we do... don't we?" She smiled. "First things first... I first want to get out of here with our baby. And than we talk about what you wanted to talk about!" Ricky nodded. "So, you already know what I wanted to talk about?" Amy nodded with certainty. "I think I do, Ricky." She smiled while Ricky held her hand even tighter, like he didn't want to let her go. "I should probably call for the nurse. To let her know you're awake." He said, letting go of her hand. She looked at how his hand let go of her. She didn't want him to let go. The feeling of being alone scared her. "I'll be right back." He said, right before he disappeared.