Bonus chapter #1: Refuse the Call

Author's Note: This is an AU of my fanfic. Nothing that happens in here is cannon towards my fanfic. It's just a 'what if' and I plan on writing more of these type of chapters after every five chapters. I'm planning on writing a detective!Light or a fanfic!Light meets canon!Light next. 

Proceed.

Foolish, silly, unintelligent, idiotic, scatterbrained.

Nonsensical, senseless, harebrained.

Unthinking, ill-advised, ill-considered.

Unwise, injudicious, inane.

Absurd, ludicrous, ridiculous.

Laughable, risible, fatuous.

Asinine, mad, insane.

Light Yagami, currently seventeen years old, used these twenty three words to describe herself as she stared down at the Death Note. Something which she had just been about to pick up in a moment of boredom.

Something which had been the death of her counter part.

Her counter part, which she had no intention of following in his footsteps.

So, with a decisive nod, she simply lifted her long leg and stepped over the damned book. A smirk lifted on her features as she made her way to her favorite bakery. She did have a mild sweet tooth after all.

She felt damned proud of herself.

Almost as if she had flipped off the Shinigami King or something.

In fact, she felt so proud of herself, that in a moment of pure bliss and euphoria she decided that she was done being Light Yagami.

Fuck being perfect. Fuck University.

She was going to be selfish for once.

::::

"I'm back!" Light cheerfully called out the next day as she entered her home.

The brunette heard a few surprised noises before her mom and little sister stumbled in front of her, both wearing dumbstruck looks as they saw her wearing a pair of black skinny jeans under a red corset. Her hair, which now had red streaks, was slightly curled and she had done her make up.