Chapter 2 - Part 1

Bay

Bay

As we approached the compound I was aware of the tense looks that were directed at the tall, powerful Keeper following behind me. The gates opened and a familiar figure was waiting with a thunderous look I was used to. Our similar features were a clear indication we were related. His dark brown eyes flared with anger.

"Where the hell have you been?" James, my older brother, asked me angrily before his gaze went to the Keeper who followed me into the compound.

"What happened?" He looked down at my grazed knees.

"I fell." He, like Flynn, was making a big fuss over nothing but I was used to it from my overprotective older brother.

"What's he doing with you?" was his next question as he sent a glare in Flynn's direction.

I didn't want to have it out with my brother in front of the whole pack but I refused to allow him to treat me the way he was. He shot a look between Flynn and I but I pushed past him, refusing to allow him to pull me into an argument.

James stopped me with a hand wrapped around my wrist and I turned to pin my brother with a glare that told him to let me go.

"Remove your hand." The quiet threat came from the Keeper who had followed us. His dark eyes were fixed on where my brother's hand gripped me.

Flynn could be intimidating when he wanted to be. The way he looked at my brother left him with no doubt that he would physically remove his hand if he didn't let me go.

My brother's hold slackened as he shot a questioning look at me. I shrugged a shoulder, refusing to explain why the Keeper was interfering in something that didn't concern him. I shot a glare at Flynn as I pulled my hand free.

Flynn relaxed slightly but he still gave off an air of danger.

"I don't know who you think you are but she's my sister," James told him, directing his anger from me to the Keeper. Flynn made no attempt to argue back or even acknowledge he was listening. His eyes met mine in a bold stare but I quickly looked away.

I wanted to make my escape before the situation blew up and everyone discovered why the Keeper was so concerned about me. I would leave them to it.

"Bay." The forceful voice stopped me in my tracks. I looked back at Flynn, who had left my brother and followed me.

"You need to go to medical to get your knees seen to."

I stared at him while I contemplated what he would do if I ignored him. Knowing him, he wouldn't let it go, and I didn't want to make a scene bigger than what we had already put on for the pack. Some of the pack members were already watching us with interest.

Annoyed, I changed direction to the medical center. At this stage just putting some distance between us would do. Inside the center, I sat down and waited to be seen.