Chapter eighteen

The first thing I see in the morning is Tate's sleeping figure laying peacefully next to me. His chest rises and falls so calmly, it's hard to think that anything is going wrong right now. I have to control myself from reaching out and running a hand through his soft hair. I can see part of the tattoo sticking out from under his back, and then realize he's not only shirtless, but he's only in boxers too. Even though he can't see me, I blush.

His arm is resting over my stomach, a weird position as he's on his back. I lightly grip his hand and move it so that I can lay closer to him. Then I wrap the arm around my waist. I lean my head on his bare chest and look at his face while he sleeps. I know I shouldn't be doing this, I shouldn't love touching Tate, I shouldn't want to hear his laugh. I feel like it's completely going against Dylan.

But Tate is my mate too. And Dylan failed to tell me.

My hand finds it's way to his soft hair, running through it and then down to rest on his cheek. His eyes flutter open, a smile on his face. I try to pull back my hand but he holds it there with his large one. I blush madly and burry my face in his chest. He chuckles.

"Good morning, my sweet Isabella" he says, his voice husky. I can't control the shiver that falls down my back.

"What are you doing in my bed?" I mumble, looking anywhere but his face.

"I told you I'd be there when you woke up. I meant it" he clasps my hand in his. "We've got to get up. There's something I want to show you" he pulls me into a sitting position next to him.

"What is it?" I ask, looking at the clock.

Ten AM.

"Just get dressed. Meet me in the kitchen"

Then he's gone.
****
Fifteen minutes later I make my way to the kitchen. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't big. It was. Probably larger than Tate's room, Jason's room and my fathers room put together. The walls are stark white, the countertops are a shining marble. The cupboards are white with golden handles. There must be at least twenty women in the kitchen, all working on what smells like breakfast.

Tate sits on the island in the middle of the room, eating a small piece of bacon. A lady comes by and scowls playfully at Tate, who in return sticks out his tongue.

"Damn Alphas" I hear her mutter, moving past the island to the sinks.

"Izzy!" Tate looks up to me, then behind me. I turn just in time to catch Violet in my arms with a laugh and carry her over to Tate.

"We need to get her a cowbell or something" I mutter under my breath. Tate chuckles.

"Awe we gonna watch a movie tonight?" She asks.

"Of course we are! But remember, no boys allowed" I whisper, peeking up at Tate.

I swear I hear some of the girls laugh at the comment, causing me to look to the floor embarrassed. I hate attention, especially if I don't know the people. From the way Dylan described the Luna's, they get a lot of attention from the Pack members.

Violet nods her head vigorously with the biggest smile I've ever seen and pulls herself from my arms. I watch her small figure sprint from the kitchen and into another room until I can't hear her small footsteps.

"What did you have to show me?" I ask quietly, trying to not attract attention to myself. He smiles and stands up so he's towering over me. His hands find my hips and he leans down to peck my lips. My body urges for more, but I hold back.

"Come on" he grabs one last piece of bacon from the plate in the middle of the island. An older women slaps his hand with a scowl.

"Leave the food for the rest of the Pack" she says, obviously holding back a smile.