16. I Think I Am Falling For You

For the next few hours, Abhishek's mood continued to remain foul. He could not help but feel furious at Abhay and the people who think like Abhay. The fact that agitated him the most was that Abhay was the biological father of Diya, the girl whom he considered his daughter.
His meeting with Abhay had given Abhishek various reasons to agree with Divyya's decision of not letting Diya meet Abhay. If he could confess his thoughts in front of a stranger, what he would actually do could not be imagined. 

Abhishek's chain of thoughts was broken by his phone ringing. It was a video call from his home. He answered it and was greeted by "Daddy." He smiled at his baby girl and asked her, "What is my Diyu doing?" "Playing with GrandPa and GrandMa," answered Diya. Abhishek smiled and greeted his parents. His mother asked him, "Did you reach safely? Are you fine?" Abhishek chuckled at her concern and said, "Don't worry, Mom. I am fine and I reached safely." His parents smiled. There was silence for a minute and he realized that his mother was walking with the phone. His guess was correct. 

Handing over the phone to Divya, who was in the kitchen, Swati left the kitchen to give them some privacy.

Abhishek looked at his wife and asked her, "How are you baby?" Divya was shocked at the endearment and blushed profusely. Abhishek chuckled. She said, "I am fine. How are you, Abhishek... I mean Abhi." Abhishek chuckled and answered, "I am good. I miss you, Divya." Divya looked at him and said, "I miss you too." Abhishek smiled at her. They talked for a while before ending the call, a smile adorning their faces as they did.

Abhishek went to the hotel's eating area for having his breakfast. He sat alone and was enjoying his Dosa-Sambhar, until he was joined by Abhay.

Making his mind to ignore Abhay, Abhishek continued to eat his breakfast. But Abhay had different plans. He said, "You are happy being a father to a daughter. Ever realized how difficult it could be? Her safety, education, marriage... ever given it a thought?

Abhishek chuckled and answered him, "She will study till she wants. She will marry when and whom she wants. About her protection, she will be strong enough to protect herself and the people around her." With that, he ate the final bite and left the place.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

"Why do I feel that you want to share something with me?" Divya asked her husband.
While everyone was busy sleeping, the couple was talking to each other. Their physical distance and the lateness of the hour could not stop them from spending time with each other. Abhishek's meeting had been a success and he was planning to return the next day itself instead of the day after that. 

"Tell me, Abhi. What is it that you want to share?" Divya asked again. Abhishek answered her, "Yes. There is something. But I will tell you about it when I come back," he answered. Divya nodded and he continued, "What about my T-shirt?" Divya answered, "I am trying but I think I will prefer designing girls dresses." Abhishek smiled and said, "No problem. But first you have to make this T-shirt for me." Divya nodded.

They fell silent. A peaceful silence. No one said anything. No one needed to say anything. They sat calmly, holding their phones and listening to each other's breath. After sometime, Divya broke the silence and spoke, "I think I am falling for you.

_____________________________

So, how is it? 

~Purnima