9| Surprise, surprise!

Like 'lifting' weight, I'll 'lift' you up.
Laughing with friends until the end of our thoughts.

- Good Day

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Holy shit," the words slipped her mouth before she could stop herself.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jungkook barked and before the slight red on his cheeks could spread further, Jihye turned around.

"I'm sorry," she said, embarrassed. "I didn't mean to barge in. I thought it would be rude to have breakfast on my own without calling you."

''I'll be out in a minute," he said in a haste and Jihye realised he must be putting something on.

"I'll wait," she said and excused herself as fast as possible.

"Does he live in the gym or what?" She asked herself while preparing a bowl of cereal. Jungkook came out right after.

"Again, I'm extremely sorry," Jihye apologized.

Jungkook took a seat across the table from her, and said, "Let's not talk about it right now. I think I'll just take the cereal, too."

She passed him the packet of cereal, feeling deeply embarrassed inside. After a few minutes of silence, Jungkook asked, ''You know that most of our classmates have heard about the wedding, right?"

"Yes," she said with a worried expression. "I bet they'll give us weird looks today."

"And it's gonna get weirder if we go separately," he stated. ''So, let's just go by my car, attend our respective classes, then come back home together," he proposed.

"Okay," she agreed right away. ''I think that's a good idea."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

After a full-of-tension ride to college with Jungkook, and a few hours of lecture-filled classes that she couldn't concentrate on because of people occasionally staring at her instead of the professor, Jihye was relieved when the classes finally ended.

She walked through the halls to reach the main entrance of the college where she was supposed to meet Jungkook. But upon reaching the end of a corridor, which lead to an even longer one, she heard a very familiar voice. It made her halt in her tracks.

"It was Junghyun hyung she loved, wasn't it?" Jihye didn't fail to recognize the velvety, husky voice.

Kim Taehyung goes to the same college as us? She thought.

"It was," the other voice was Jungkook's. Surprisingly, it had a hint of disappointment in it.

"I saw them together once or twice," Taehyung added.

"Hyung, can we please not talk about it?" Jungkook requested, and she heard footsteps moving away. They were going to the main entrance too.

"The fact that your brother left isn't your fault. Why do you have to marry her even though you don't love her?" Taehyung's voice managed to reach Jihye anyway.