Chapter Fifteen

Word Count: 1658

~Abella

I'm struck by a moment of confusion.

All this raises, is the question of whether or not I should believe him. This small room has no windows; no way of letting me know that he is telling me the truth of not. It seems like such an absurd idea, but how can I explain away that feeling of falling and suddenly appearing here as one of Cian's many manipulations? Even he isn't capable of something so convoluted.

My back hits the wall as I keep backing away. I feel the frame of a picture behind me, which I can already tell by looking at the other pictures in the room, that it is beyond expensive. Maybe he just got ahold of some magic and transported me to his home Pack, the Desire Pack.

Maybe with his undeniable charm and charisma, he convinced an immortal to give him a small amount of power just to trick me.
Or maybe he is an immortal...

"What do you want with me?" I question, bracing myself against the wall for support. My knees surely aren't doing that good of a job. I check for doors, and there's only one, that Cian stands in front of. Where would I run anyway? If he is telling me the truth, then who knows what terrifying things lie beyond that door.

"You wanted me to be honest, so I thought what better time than to you bring you here, my true home," he tells me, motioning around as if anything about this place is different to where we came from. Aside from the furniture being out of my price budget, it's relatively normal.

Folding my arms over my chest protectively, I narrow my eyes on him. "I thought you came from the Desire Pack? And what the hell was that trick you pulled on me?"

For the first time, Cian think about what he is about to say.

"I never explicitly said I was from the Desire Pack, you just assumed. And as for what you just experienced, that was form of transportation I used to get you here, via my magical powers," he tells me, the smile on his face and the twist of his tone suggest he finds this all rather amusing. Is this some kind of game to him?

"Magic..."I breathe. "If you truly are immortal, than why me? Why are you targeting me, and bringing me here to show me what? A room?"

Instead of explaining what I demanded, he instead turns around and opens the door to reveal nothing but another room. He motions to me to follow him.
I do so warily, and only because I don't want to be stuck in that room anymore.

"I like to live in the city. It's quick paced and entertaining," he tells me.

This place doesn't look like it belongs into a city, and I'm convinced he is lying to me until leads me into a living area, and I see the view of an expansive city enveloped with darkness, only existing through the twinkling of lights all around, and the faint sound of booming music somewhere in the distance.

Since it's so dark, I can't determine where this is. Honestly, this could be somewhere within the mortal world, and I couldn't tell. Cian could somehow trick me, for his own amusement and pleasure, and explain away that strange feeling as some kind of illusion.

Yet there's something in the air here, that feel different...wrong. It's heavy, weighing on my shoulders. Whatever this place is, I'm not supposed to be here.

There's no way Cian could be lying.

"This is my own territory, by the way. Being, a Sin, I get a reasonable amount of land do to whatever I please with it," he explains to me, walking across his living room casually. I watch him for a moment, absorbing what he is saying.
It takes me a moment to put two and two together in order to figure out what he is saying.