22

"He what?!" Marcus snaps thunderously his nose flaring from outside the Hospital Wing where he ambushed me

"Draco got hurt during class. He messed up his Seeker arm." I tell our Captain looking everywhere but him. I absolutely adored Marcus but when he was in his moods, let's just say I prefer to be very far away from him.

Marcus' eyes narrowed.

I pat him on the arm. "It's just tryouts tomorrow. We're only looking for Beaters. We won't be needing Draco for awhile."

"We have practice on Friday! Or did you forget?"

I did forget.

Marcus groans in annoyance running his hand through his face. "Get in there and work your charm on Draco. If that prat isn't back on the pitch by next week- he's off the team."

"What?" I gasp taking a step away from Marcus like he slapped me. "Marcus! He's the best Seeker in Slytherin!"

"I need reliable players not idiots that get themselves hurt."

"It's not even Quidditch season yet. Give him time."

"Get in there, Emrys. I won't ask again."

-

"Marcus is such a git." I complained to Draco when I sit beside his bed in the Hospital Wing.

Draco grins snacking on a chocolate frog I brought for him. "He is."

"And you're an idiot, Draco." I say frowning at him and taking a bite off one of the chocolate frogs imagining it was Marcus' head.

Gasping dramatically, Draco uses his good arm to touch his chest. "That's not what you said to that Oaf. You promised to send my Father at him and then said I was innocent."

I roll my eyes. "Of course I would say that in front of everyone. A unified and devoted front."

"Like a true Slytherin." He smirks passing me another chocolate frog.

Stretching my arms and relaxing in my wooden seat, I take out his favorite snitch to practice on and toss it over to him. "Well? When can you come back and be our Seeker?"

Draco releases the snitch and catches it with his non snitch hand easily. "You're not pestering me for Marcus. You're pestering me because you'll miss me."

"What can I say? I can only do good when you're in the pitch with me." I smile fondly at my very best mate.

-

It's the day of the Slytherin tryouts. This time around we need two Beaters since our Beaters last year graduated.

Draco still can't play but he reckons by next week his snitch arm would be good enough to practice on.

He sat at the stands with the rest of our friends. They were cheering for Greg and Vince.

I had complete faith in my two burly friends but Slytherin Beaters were usually older. Marcus has pointed out he wants his Beaters experienced and muscular.