Chapter Five

After spending almost thirty minutes in the bathtub, she rinsed and then dried her body before putting on her shorts and a tank top. Then she applied some ointment on the love bites that Ryan left all on her body.

As soon as Naomi stepped into her room, she reached for her phone on the nightstand which was ringing. She heaved a sigh as soon as she saw the caller ID, then she reluctantly answered the call.

“Hi love, How was your trip?” Anna, Naomi’s mother asked in excitement.

Naomi replied as she took a seat on the edge of her bed. “It was okay mom.”

“That’s it? it was just okay?” Her mom sounded disappointed on the other side. She had wanted her daughter to have a fun trip and hopefully meet someone. Naomi’s reply was definitely not what she was expecting.

“Mom, I know you’re on the lookout for me and you want what’s best for me. I promise you I’m over Connor and if it will make you feel better I made a friend. His name is Ryan.”

“Oh my....Is he handsome? Do you like him? Oh, Naomi, you should have come straight to the mansion instead of you going back to your apartment.”

“He’s handsome, Mom but he was only a friend for the night. We talked and had a few drinks, that’s all and hopefully, I’ll never see him again.” She half lied when deep down she wanted nothing more than to be in his arms.

Anna was quiet for a while, trying to analyze her daughter’s last statement and then she finally spoke. “Is there something you’re not telling me, Naomi?”

Naomi groaned inwardly upon her mother’s statement. The psychology she studied over the years gave her an upper hand in finding out the truth from her children.

“I’m really tired Mom, I want to take a nap. I will try and see you during the week. Take care, my regards to Dad. Love you.” She said in a rush and ended the call without waiting for her mom to reply.

.............

Even though Chris wanted to hire a Personal investigator to locate Naomi, he didn’t have much information like her surname and other vital information. Her first name and description of how she looks would definitely not be enough.

So he decided to call his mom. He was sure his mom knew her by the way they greeted each other the previous night and she will also be in a good position to give him more information about Naomi.

“Chris darling how are you?” Sarah asked cheerfully from the other side.

“I’m fine mom and you?”

“I’m fine too sweetheart. I was looking for you yesterday but Andre told me you had left with some girl. You should stop your playboy ways, honey. You have Vivian now you know.”

“Mom, you know I don’t love Vivian”

“Vivian is a good girl, Chris, What’s there not to love about her? She’s pretty, smart and successful. Besides, I don’t think you have any say in this. You refused to bring a girl home to marry so your father picked Vivian for you.”

Chris didn’t have the strength to argue with his mom about Vivian so he went directly to the main reason he called her.

“Mom, do you know the girl that gave the closing speech yesterday?” He asked even when he knew his mom knew Naomi.