Chapter 4

🌹Cassandra's POV🌹

I was in the hospital bathroom for the past half an hour. Hiding from Xavier. I was hoping there was a chance he would just change his mind and go home.

"If you don't get out in two minutes I'm going to come to get you in there myself." I heard Xavier yell from the bathroom door.

I heard laughter and whispers from the other women who were in the bathroom too. At least they didn't know to whom he was referring to.

I placed my phone into my bag after closing the candy crush game I was playing. I stood up from the toilet seat then walked out of the bathroom after washing my hands.

"It took you long enough." He said leaning onto the wall.

I walked past him as if I've never met him. He managed to catch up with me. After ten steps I was already breathless.

He led the way to the doctor's office. He knew his way around as if he had been here a few times.

He opened the door for me allowing me in.

On the far end of the room. There was a long table with a middle-aged woman sitting behind the table. She was reading a few documents on her table.

"Welcome," She said.

I gave her a small smile in response. She gestured for the two of us to take a seat.

"So you two are here for the Prenatal Paternity correct?"

"Yes," Xavier said.

"There are just I few papers I need you to sign."

The slid a few papers to the two of us. Xavier and I both signed the papers without reading it thoroughly. Xavier seemed to be in a hurry by the way he kept glancing at his watch.

"Before we begin this procedure I would like the two of you to understand a few things. There is a slight risk of harming the baby and miscarriage. Other side effects may include cramping and vaginal bleeding."

"You can't let them do this," I spoke softly.

Xavier exhaled deeply then placed his shoulders back.

"Is there another way." He asked.

"I'm afraid not. You can have it done once the baby is born."

I time she spoke I kept staring at Xavier. Could he be so cruel that he would go through it regardless of the possible outcomes?

"Thanks for your help doc, we'll have the test done once the baby is delivered." He said.

I took a breath of relief knowing my little angel will be safe, at least until he's born.

I drive home was silent and awkward. Neither one of us knew what to say. He drove me home and made sure I was in my apartment safely. It took about ten minutes to get to my apartment. The elevator hasn't been working ever since we got here.

"I'll be back at five p.m.," he said before leaving.

_______

As he said, he was here five minutes sharp. There was a loud knock on how door.

My sister and I were eating ice-cream while watching the last episode of the big bang theory season twelve.

She looked at me and that's how I knew I had to get the door.

Xavier was wearing blue jeans with a long sleeve shirt (not his usual look). He had had a change in outfits from what he was wearing this morning.

I opened the door wider allowing him in.

"Pack your bags." He said as he walked in.

"What I said," trying to catch up with him.

He stopped in his track's. "Look, if you are pregnant with my child. I can't have the mother of my unborn child living in this dump."

"It's quite comfortable," I said thinking of what else to say. I was surprised he called this a 'dump' this isn't the type of place people like him lived in. Or even drove pass.

"As I said, pack your bags. My way or my way anyway, you choose."

I looked at him still shocked he was going to go through with this.

"I can't leave, what about my sister. She needs me." I said. I was the one who needed her, she was always better off without me."

"Great the more the merrier. She can move in too." He said. "Lynne you moving in with us, pack your bags." He yelled through the corridor.

"I can't just move in with you," I said nervously.

"Yes, you can. Can the two of you hurry up? I'll be waiting in my car. Call me up when you are done packing so I can help you carry your bags." He said then walked out again as if he owned the place.

I exhaled deeply trying to calm myself down. Maybe when the baby is born Xavier and I are going to have a chance again. But then I think of what it was like when we were married. Always having to feel you weren't good enough or always wondering where he was when he said he was working late. I loved him and still do but I hated the life that came with it (except the cosy house).

I walked into my room then opened the wardrobe. I scanned my eyes through it. There wasn't anything in it that I could wear that Xavier wouldn't make comments like: "You look like you just got those clothes from the dump and you thought no one will notice."

F him, that was his problem. I will hear anything I want.

Lynne walked into the room. She learned onto the wall then stared at me as if she was studying me.

"You don't seem very excited," she said walking closer.

"You think?" I said sarcastically.

"Cheer up a little. At least you don't have to overhear James doing it every Friday night." She said placing her hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her then gave her a small smile.

She pulled me and into a hug.

She helped me pack the rest of my things.

"Shouldn't you be packing your things. I can't do this without you." I said.

"Not today, I have to sort out a few things first. I promise I'll come she said."