6) Skin

"It's okay," The police officer soothed the girl. "It's okay."

"In there!" The girl cried, pointing at a room across the hall. "In there!"

S.W.A.T started towards the room. A man was in there, trying to open two doors leading to the balcony.

"Freeze!" The police officer bellowed, pointing his gun at the man. "Drop the knife. Keep your hands where I can see 'em. Drop it! Hold it right there! Do it!" He watched the man turn around, taking in his blonde hair and hazel eyes. Taking in the face of Dean Winchster.

***

One week earlier.

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight," Dean said as they pulled into a gas station. He glanced at Sam, who didn't respond. "Sam wears women's underwear."

Percy flashed a grin from the back, "Later you'll be wearing no underwear." Dean blushed at the Greek words.

Sam smirked at his brother's blush, "I've been listenin'. I'm just busy."

"Busy doin' what?" Dean asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Reading e-mails," Sam stared down at his phone.

Dean stepped from the car, filling the tank up with gas, "E-mails from who?"

"From my friends at Stanford," Sam shrugged.

"You're kidding," Dean frowned. "You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

"Why not?" Sam questioned, and Percy gave Dean a confused look.

"Well, what exactly do you tell 'em?" Dean said. "You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin'?"

"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my big brother and his boyfriend," Sam raised an eyebrow. "I tell 'em I needed some time off after Jess."

"Oh, so you lie to 'em."

"No, I just don't tell 'em... everything."

"Yeah, that's called lying," Dean rolled his eyes. "I mean, hey, man, I get it, tellin' the truth is far worse."

"So what is he supposed to do, just cut everyone out of his life?" Percy's face was scrunched up in confusion, especially when Dean shrugged. "You're serious?"

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period," Dean frowned.

"You're kind of anti-social, you know that?" Sam quirked an eyebrow, smirking again.

"Yeah, whatever," Dean sighed, and Sam went back to reading the e-mails.

"So I should tell everyone back at camp and such that I'm not supposed to be friends with them?" Percy questioned Dean in Greek.

"That's now what I meant, and you know it," Dean glanced back at his boyfriend with narrowed eyes. They narrowed further when he saw Percy typing quickly on his phone.

"'Dean said he hated you all, and I am not allowed to be friends with you anymore'.... Sent!"

"I didn't say that!" Dean hissed, glaring at Percy. "Now Piper is going to give me the talk again!"

His phone started buzzing almost immediately, and he checked the caller ID with a groan.

"Hey, Pipes," Dean pressed the phone to his ear, a grimace on his face. "No, I did not say any of that... yes, I know Percy is allowed free will.... No! No, of course not.... If I ever hurt him, I give you permission to do all of that.... I would never try to take Percy away from you guys.... Yes, he can be friends with you all, I don't really care who he's friends with.... No! That is not what I meant Piper, you know it!.... Yes, technically I did say that, but -- Okay, yes ma'am, I am very sorry. I care deeply about who my lovely boyfriend is friend's with, and if they are not nice and good like the friend's he has now, I will personally skewer them, unless he tells me not to, because he has a right to choose who he cares for. Yes. Yes. Okay... yup.... Thank you, Piper. Talk to you later." Dean hung up and sent a glare towards Percy, "Do you see what your screwing around did?"