Chapter 21

_Chapter 21_

Ricky Martinez

The day eventually reached an end after the first day officially being with Elliot. And regardless of the terrible start that I caused upon myself, it all went fine...

... well that's what I thought.

Because for some reason, Elliot had been quite distancing and closed off more than usual on the way back home. He spaced off every now and then when I tried talking to him and had his eyes constantly out of the window.

Thus, I got a little worried. "Hey, why are you being so quiet? Are you okay?" I tried making him face me as soon as I stopped the car.

And even though he turned to me for once, his gaze was lingering on my hand that was grabbing his lower arm. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm just...," he paused before he finally faced me properly with a forced smile. "I'm just tired."

I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head. "No, you're not." I could tell when he was tired. Merely because of the fact that he gets more offensive and vulgar with his words when he was, but now there was no trace of those traits at all. Even to the point where it was concerning. "Something happened, didn't it?"

He kept his mouth shut and once again averted his gaze. When he was like this, it was difficult to figure out what to do. I never knew whether he wanted to be left alone or sort things out but I guess he was rather the type to go for the first choice. However, it didn't feel right to just leave him be.

"Elliot," I slightly tugged on his wrists to get him to face me again. It didn't do anything though. "El, come on, don't be like this. Did I do something again? Don't tell me it's my fault. It is, right?"

"What?" He frowned and shook his head, removing my hand off of him. "No! No, of course not. It's not your fault. I'm-" He cut off in the middle, looking like he was trying to figure out what to say. "I'm just a little upset. Just don't mind me."

I was about to say something to that, question him further, anything to understand what was bothering him so much but I let it go after all and changed the topic. "What do you think, come over to my house, Netflix and chill?"

He blinked a few times at me but eventually smirked and nodded. "Only if you don't force me to eat spicy Doritos."

"Tse boring," I rolled my eyes in a playful act.

Getting back home, I noticed no one was present. That's when I remembered that it was parent's day for Liana, meaning they shouldn't be home for at least another hour. Considered how much Mom loved to talk at such occasions, it could be even longer.

"Wanna change, too?" I got rid of my pants and also my hoodie since I always wore a t-shirt underneath.

"Yeah," he nodded and also removed his clothes before I tossed him a shirt of mine.

I mischievously sneaked up to him while he was getting on the bed, saying, "There is that movie that I recently really wanted to watch and it just got on Netflix. I think the name was-"

I grinned when I successively overwhelmed him by the sudden movement of pinning him down. He widened his eyes, wiggled his hands, trying to free them from my grip but lucky for me he failed. "Nah, I'm not letting you off that easily."

"That's so mean," he huffed and tried once again to free himself while I took advantage of his distraction and nibbled on his jaw. "Hey, I'm telling you, that's sexual harassment," he faced away to shake me off. It was rather counterproductive as he exposed his neck region even more, giving me free access to attack his warm soft skin.