FOUR

The next morning, Iris walked around with her brother and his friends at the Cameron household. They all looked around, examining the damage that the previous storm wiped in a few nights ago.

"Geez, this is nuts, man." Topper said as they passed by a whole boat that intertwined within a tree and the side of the house.

"Agatha's a bitch!" Rafe bellowed, after taking in all the damage it's done.

"Damn right, she is." Kelce and Riley said in unison, before looking at the rest of the destruction.

"Jesus, Ris. You should've been here. The storm was crazy as fuck." said Riley, referring to Hurricane Agatha.

"Yeah, because I definitely wanted to experience a whole ass hurricane after coming back, when I've been away from my hometown for 10 months." she laughed sarcastically.

"Man, I just can't get it out of my head. It's just on repeat." Topper said, referring to the previous events at the Pogues' party. "Your move, broski-"

"Bro, he had a semi-automatic pointed at your head." said Kelce. "Safety off."

"Yeah, and we're just saying that you should get him back." Riley intervened.

"They're freaking Pogues, man." added Rafe.

"Disgusting." Riley continued, followed by a fake gagging sound coming from his mouth. Iris looked at him, a bit offended.

"You guys are just overreacting. It's so extra." she said.

"Overreacting? Us?" Rafe looked at her. "A Pogue had whole freaking gun to our boy's head. We're overreacting?"

Iris shut up and put her hands up in surrender. She clearly did not want to meddle with their problems.

Rafe turned his attention back to Topper. "You know, you should get a piece." he suggested. "You gotta fight fire with fire, and defend the homestead."

"Yeah, like you never know what they could be doing nex-" Riley was about say something but Topper cut him off.

"Hey, listen. Guys. I'm gonna get him back. Alright?" he said. "I'm making it a little project of mine."

Riley scoffed. "Project? Man, we're not in school right now." he groaned.

"Yeah, it's summer vacation. Don't you boys have any other plans than just sucking each other faces everyday?" Iris looked at them, obviously referring to their close-enough bond that they all were just spending time with each other every now and then.

"That's so gay, Ris." her brother looked at her in disgust.

"Wait, but yeah. You get started on that project of yours." Rafe referred back to Topper's 'plan' to get payback at the Pogues.

Kelce looked off in the distance and landed his eyes on Sarah Cameron, The Kook Princess. The daughter of one of the better-known family of the island. Topper's present girlfriend at the moment. Rafe's younger sister.

"Hey, yo. That's Sarah." Kelce said to Topper, pointing to her location.

Sarah was standing over on boat covered with power lines. She was trying to find a little girl's toy that had been trampled with the wires.

"What is she doing?" asked Topper, strictly watching her every move.

"Watch her fall and make a big drama out of it." Sarah's brother said. Iris looked at him, and then back at her, knowing exactly that it's a thing she would do.

"The Sarah Cameron for you guys." She sighed, as she also watched her movements.

Rose, Sarah's step-mom, has just began to yell at her. "Hey, there's fourteen-thousand volts in those wires!"