Chapter - 40 Business Trip...

"I will come day after tomorrow to pick you up." was what he had said and true to his words he had come.

But before that he had said,"You don't have to come for work tomorrow." But then why the heck had he sent files at her home the very next day, she had wondered and was annoyed by the same. He had sent her files which had the information related to the London property he was going to buy. The person who had delivered them had delivered her a message too from the great Liam Richardson that she was supposed to study them properly. Later in the day he had also sent her a mail asking her to prepare an itinerary because the guy had too much money to spend so he thought of buying some more properties, Eva guessed.

"Did that kiss really happened?" was what she had asked herself for the nth time since that moment.
The moment she touched her lips her belly would tingle and a flush crawl up her pale skin turning it pink. She groaned inwardly as she lied again on the bed of a palatial suite in one of the most expensive hotels in London. She had never seen such luxury or opulence in her life but then again under her very protective parents she had hardly seen much of the world. Even getting them to agree on sending her to New York had taken days and dozens of promises like she'd be back in apartment before 9 pm and would give them a call every night before going to sleep so that they would know that their daughter was still fit and fine. And the most important thing that they had made her promise was never to invite a guy in her apartment. It was a big big NO. She smiled and made a mental note to give them a call later.

Since the day she gave her first kiss...NO. Since night her first kiss was stolen, she corrected herself, she had worried and exhausted her brain about thinking how she would face him again. She had worried about how she would and should react around him. Cool? Nervous? Or maybe pretend like it never actually happened? She had no idea.

But the great Liam Richardson had squashed her worries quite early the next day of kissing when instead of calling and telling her about the work he had mailed her. He never mailed her before! He used to call and bark his orders. Though she was glad for the work he had sent her as it has proved to be a good distraction from Liam Richardson and that kiss whose memories still managed to find a way to crawl up her brain.

Even when he had come to pick her up and together they had left to board his private plane to leave for London he hadn't talked much...to be precise he didn't utter even a single word. If earlier she was worried about herself regarding how she would react or act around him or in his presence then now she was annoyed at his behaviour which made her feel like that the kiss never happened.

"Miss Rose." he had called her when she was staring out of the window of the plane lost in her own thoughts. The stern look at his face and the impatience in his voice were an indication that he must have called her a couple of times.

"Oh. I am sorry I was just thinking about something."she had hurriedly apologized.

'Was I the subject of your interesting thoughts?' was what she had imagined he would say with a sexy smirk on his face but NO. He did nothing like that.
With that stern expression still plastered on his face he handed her a file to work upon and then asked her about dozens of questions regarding the file he had sent the previous day for her to study.

To say she was annoyed at his behaviour was an understatement. She groaned burying her head in a pillow of the large bed that she was lying upon.

She couldn't believe that she was missing the flirty Liam Richardson.
"Damn it. It was my first kiss not his! Why is he being so cool and unaffected while I am feeling like a kitty in a minefield whose one wrong step can result in an explosion. I'll never forgive you Liam Richardson. You arrogant jerk, you stole my peace of mind and my first kiss and now you are acting all unaffected. Did that kiss not fazed you even a little? I want to beat you up for making me feel like this." She groaned punching in a pillow.