31: THIRD TRIMESTER

"Braxton?"

"No," Marisol sighed. "Connery?"

"No," Grey responded, flipping the page of the baby book.

"This is so hard," Marisol groaned, flipping to her other side as the timer went off. Every few hours, she had to change her position. She was getting frustrated with how inactive she was. Sedentary life was annoying when it wasn't your choice.

"We'll find names."

"Before they're eighteen?" She laughed softly. "If we ever decide to do this whole baby thing again, let's make it only one?"

"We didn't exactly want triplets this time, you know."

"I'm telling you, you have super sperm." She smiled, hearing Greyson's laugh. She sobered up a bit, looking out their bedroom window to the stars. "Do you think I'll lose my sight again?"

He stayed quiet and put the book down only fro a second. "I'm not sure, Marisol. We've never talked about what happens if you do."

"It's going to be hard. You know, taking care of babies. I'm not sure how I will manage."

"Well, you have me–"

"You're an Alpha," she whispered, "you never get breaks. One day you'll be too busy to help me change a diaper or get them dressed."

"You have the pack too."

"They already don't see me as an adequate Luna."

"Why do you say that–"

"Because they didn't tell me what you were planning to do just because you told them not to."

He stayed quiet as he listened. "I told you–"

"I know, and this isn't an argument about that. I know," she whimpered softly as she felt tears well in her eyes, "I know you did what you thought was best. I just mean, I think we should consider getting more help, you know?"

"A nanny?"

"Yeah, maybe? They will have to be a lycan, but I'm sure we could find someone, right?"

"Would it make you feel better to have one?"

"Yes," she whispered. "Because I'm terrified that I won't be able to take care of my children."

"Marisol," he whispered, taking her into his arms. "You're going to be a great mother."

He didn't understand how much that meant to her. "Will you be okay if you lose your sight again?"

She nodded after a few seconds. "I'll readjust. I always do."

In the night, she had woken up to use the bathroom. As she washed her hands, she winced from another Braxton Hick. She groaned as it lasted longer than usual. She rolled her eyes before looking down at her stomach. "You kids are really giving me a run for my money."

She returned to bed, laying down in Grey's arms as another Braxton ravished her. She winced but didn't make noise. She turned onto her back before sitting up. Her hair was wet from a shower she had taken, so it was sticking to her skin. She was glad because it cooled her down significantly. She didn't want to wake Grey so she got up and went into the bathroom. She used the ladies' room, and as she washed her hands, she felt a small pop and then a small stream down her legs.

For a moment she was confused; she wasn't due for a few more weeks, but as another Braxton Hick started, she realized that this wasn't normally how they felt. They were more intense this time. She wobbled back into their room, waking Grey.