XV

Ella's point of view 

"The underworld!" I all but shrieked, my voice rising an octave higher. 

Hades cringed at the sound and opened his mouth to interrupt, probably to reason with me, but I stopped him before he uttered a word. 

"How do you even get down there?" I asked. 

He sighed at my question, a smile playing on his lips. "Through a portal," He stated calmly. 

I scoffed, "Of course it would be," I said. 

"I promise it's not bad, and we won't be there for very long. Just until we find out what Kronos is planning and make sure it is safe." Hades said, holding my hand softly. 

"What does it look like?" I questioned, curiosity getting the better of me. 

His eyes wandered off to somewhere far away and his voice came out soft and distant as if he was dreaming, "It's a land scattered with evergreen trees and fear," He stated. 

"Fear?" I wondered aloud. 

"Fear of me, what I represent." His voice wavered slightly, but his eyes stayed trained on something a world away. 

"Many were there the night I lost control, but others weren't. The ones that saw my power tell tales to those who weren't there yet. Their whispers of me fill the streets, their voices echo through the palace." He continued in a daze like state, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"What happened when you lost control?" I asked, eager to learn more. 

"I gave in to the flames, I let the darkness consume me. I showed them what I truly am, the God of darkness, I showed them what fear feels like." He whispered. 

I reached out towards him, and my hand found its way onto his cheek. 

"I don't fear you, I'll never fear you," I whispered, stepping closer towards him. 

His blue eyes flickered with wonder and hope, he needed me right now. He needed someone to tell him everything would be okay. 

I wrapped my arms around his torso, my head resting against his lower chest. He held close against his body, begging me not to leave.

So there we stood, in the living room, wrapped in each other's arms.

 Eventually, we parted. Hades' hand once again found my own as he smiled down at me. 

"Thank you," He said genuinely. 

I smiled up at him and squeezed his hand gently, "When are we leaving?" 

"We'll leave when the sun sets, oh, and make sure to pack some warm clothes." I raised my eyebrow at this, warm clothes? 

"I thought we were going to the underworld Hades?" I said, my eyebrow was still raised. 

He laughed a melodic tune before speaking, "It's winter down there." 

I nodded my head before glancing at the clock on the wall, one hour till sundown.

"I'm quickly going to pack my things, I will be back soon," I said, turning towards the staircase.

"I'm going to go get a pair of clean clothes and tell my men about the new arrangements," He replied. 

"Are your men here?" I asked. 

"Yes, they are staying in a hotel not far from here. They will ready the portal for us." He answered.  

I nodded my head and watched as Hades left the house, I sighed as I heard the door click before bounding up the stairs. 

I grabbed a large suitcase, not knowing how long my stay in the underworld was going to be I decided it was best to overpack than under pack.