chapter thirty

"Move, move, get out of my fucking way

"Move, move, get out of my fucking way." I said pushing everyone out of my way. I was holding onto Colton's hand pulling him. He apologized to everyone we passed.

We entered the back room where the medical rooms were. "Sweetie you can't—"

"Sebastian. I need to see Sebastian." I told her. She nods typing into her little computer.

"He isn't out of surgery yet. You can wait over there." She points to a room.

I pulled Colton with me and walked in. I spotted Marcus and went right over to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He looks up and nods.

"We should've seen it coming." He spoke shaking his head. "It's my fault. I should've thought it—"

"It's not your fault okay? None of this is your fault."

"How is he suppose to train and fight? He's gonna lose and we're all gonna have to work for Vallin Grecio. Have I mentioned how much I hated that douche bag?" He says pacing back and forth. Colton and I looked at each other.

"Okay let's try and be more optimistic. If he can't fight then —"

"I can't do it. Anyone who's closer to his level aka Colton and I can't fight. His dad can't either." He tells me continuing to pace back and forth.

"What if an outsider does?" I asked.

"Yeah but we don't know any outsider."

Colton looks at me. "She—"

I quickly covered his mouth and Marcus stops and looks at us.

"Colton finish that sentence." He demanded.

Colton looks at me and back at Marcus.

"Colton." I warned him.

"Uh-uh you shush. Colton finish it." Marcus demanded again.

"Colton, do not finish it."

"Finish it."

"No."

"Finish ittttt!"

"No."

"Saph." Colton whines. "She counts as an outsider." He says making me to shoot death glares in his direction.

"She's our baiter but she quit and since no one knows about her relationship with Sebastian, she counts as an outsider. She's not really apart of the gang." Colton tells Marcus.

"You're not gonna fight Vallin." Marcus tells me.

"Marcus please."

"No. Sebastian is gonna kill me if I let his girlfriend fight in a kill to win battle." He starts pacing again.

"Unless you don't tell him until the day of."

"No."

"Yes. Is it because I'm a girl?" I put my hand on my hip.

"What?" I gave him a look. "Maybe."

"Marcus you've trained with me, you know how good I am."

"You're good but no. Sebastian is gonna find out anyways." He shakes his head sighing.

"No one else would know. Just the three of us. Listen I can find someone to train me if you're not gonna do it." I sighed taking a seat. "I don't want him to die in that fight."

"Well we're not sure if he's alive right now."

"He is." The doctor says coming out of the room. "Sebastian is okay. His recovery will take a while since the bullet almost hit his shoulder bone. He isn't allowed to lift anything heavy for a couple months. He will have to go through physical therapy."

I breathe out letting that weight get off my shoulder. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"You can go see him when he wakes up." He says before turning and going back into the room. He didn't even wait for his thank you.

"Well he is alive and I don't want him dying and in a hospital bed again. So either you help me do this and keep it a secret or I do it alone." I told them.

They both look at me and then at at each other and then back at me.

"Fine." They both muttered.

"Good."

~

Hours have passed and I sat next to Sebastian holding his hand waiting for him to wake up.

The doctors tried to get me to go home but I didn't want to.

They didn't know exactly when he'd wake up but I was willing to wait.

I sat here thinking about ways I could fight better. Strategically and unpredictable. I mean majority of the time I was unpredictable, I can manipulate but I'm pretty sure this Vallin guy would see right through it.

Being unpredictable can only get so far. I grew up fighting and I trained basically almost every single day for hours straight. I knew I was good but there's always someone out there that's better.

Colton gave me a short background of who Vallin was.

He grew up in the gang, his mother passed away when he was three, he was 30 years old, his father Paul Grecio was the leader until a couple years back.

That's all we had on him sadly.

I laid my head on top of my arm still holding onto Sebastian's hand.

"I miss you. Please wake up soon." I whispered.

Then the darkest slowly took over.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: march 13th, 2021

I hope you guys enjoyed today's chapter! Please stay safe and remember to love yourself! Self love is the best love and I stand by that.

MUAH!!