Chapter 38

The trip ended way quicker than I wanted to and Sunday morning it was already time again to start packing. We all had had an amazing time but my last conversation with Sophia had left me kind of sad.

This morning

"I'll call you later today okay?" Daniel told me in a whisper as his face was only a few inches away from mine. We had been standing here next to his bike, saying goodbye for a good ten minutes now, and I knew that our friends weren't gonna wait much longer for me.

"Don't miss me too much", he added and I chuckled, shaking my head "I won't miss a single part of you"

"That's right", he nodded, his lips pressed together before they turned into a smirk.

"You can't miss what you haven't had yet", he spoke, diverting his gaze down and my eyes went wide. This perverted fucker...

"In your dreams", I quickly threw at him but inside my body was completely ecstatic. Well yeah, he had me eating out of his hand but he didn't need to know that...

"I'm not sure you're ready for my dreams yet, princess", he spoke dominantly and I melted with him calling me that nickname. We both continued beaming at each other before Sophia's voice, as expected, interrupted us.

"Alright you two, you on your bike", she pointed at Daniel before turning to me "And you with me".

"I see you later", Daniel said for the hundredth time and I quickly pressed a kiss on his lips as Sophia started pulling me by the arm.

"Bye", I waved at him as he gave me a wink before I turned to Sophia as she suddenly stopped walking "You okay?"

"Can I stay over at your place for a few days?" her sudden question made me raise a brow. She had stayed over before but her asking it like that seemed a little off.

"What's going on?" I tried as I found her face sad, sullen.

"My dad cheated on my mom", she admitted as her eyes were downcast to the ground. Well shit, that's awful...

"We've known for a while but we just found out it was with his assistant and things kind of exploded at home", she added and I quickly took her hand "You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like"

"Thanks Ella, maybe we can keep each other company then", she spoke and I gave her a warm smile. We would help each other with everything going on, that way we wouldn't have to be doing it alone.

"Let's go, the rest is probably waiting", she gave me a nod as we both walked to the car. Oliver had opened the door for her and she quickly got in next to him as I got back to the front to sit next to Matthew.

"Took you long enough", he threw me a smile as he started the car and just gave him a short shove.

My phone going off already made me roll my eyes and for a second I even debated if I should even look. It might still not be the person...

My suspicions were quickly proven right as I read the text.

-Oh, just a little heads up; remember that you better not be telling anyone about our texts or I'm really gonna start playing– unknown

Why can't they just...

You know what, whatever.

I quickly put the phone away and focused myself back on the conversation that had started, more specifically, Matthew and Sarah that had started arguing again. Yeah, this is going to be a long drive.

Back to present

Sophia had gone home shortly do go pack some stuff and we were meeting at my place in a few hours.