The Life-Sized Bat

I was dumped in the dumpster. I heard a muffled shout and the mugger was sent sprawling right next to me in the dumpster. I immediately put him in a head-lock and flung him across the alley. He stood up and bolted away.

I jumped out of the dumpster and assessed my saviour. He had pointy ears for his mask and had a bat symbol on his chest. In-short, he looked like a life-sized bat. He assessed me too. Must be a mortal superhero. 'Aren't you gonna thank me kid?'The bat asked.

I clenched my fists and grudgingly thanked him. No need to boost his ego even more. 'Looks like you don't have a home' The bat replied calmly.

 I glared at him, 'Thanks Mr.Obvious.' He ignored me and pulled out a gun.

I immediately took cover using the dumpster. He chuckled and shot it at the roof of the alley. A harpoon darted out and pulled him up.

'He sure likes to move in style huh,' I remarked as I stuck to the shadows of the alleyways

I eventually reached a sinister-looking Orphanage. I went inside and a dirty lobby greeted me.It sure isn't clean, but its the best hospitality I got right now I thought as I book a flat. My flat was number 13. The number of unluckiness, grr.. I though as I entered the flat.

I gave 30$ of mortal money(that was for my happy meal, they always make me a bit happy). The money was hidden in my other pocket, thankfully the thug had checked the Drachma pocket.

It was small, with a bed, a small chair and table to the right of it. An old-fashioned TV in front of the bed. Like I'll ever use it I thought as I crashed into my pillow.

(DREAM)

I saw a Manor of sorts, burning to the ground. The flames licked the Manor as dozens of Monsters attacked ferociously.

Demigods, Roman and Greek alike, where desperately trying to fight against the Monsters with no success. They wielded magic and pushed into the house.

The dream changed and this time the entire city of Gotham was being burned to a crisp. The Mortal Heroes tried to fight the onslaught of monsters, but their weapons passed through the monsters like a hologram.

The dream went black as a deep and malicious voice spoke.

'I will end every single person on this planet, and change it to what I want. I tell you this, Ghost King, to tell all your friends to surrender!'

I shot up, gasping in my bed. I took a few calming breaths. Why had I decided to Shadow-Travel? Why hadn't I stayed at camp? Now I, and many other innocent demigods were going to be roped up in another war.

I wanted to see Will. My hands went to my pockets but there was no Drachmas. I cursed mentally.

I sat like that for half an hour, calming myself down. I took a bath, put on my skull T-shirt with my favourite aviator jacket. I sighed and opened my door and went to the lobby for a short run to calm my nerves.

'Hey, Nico, someone is here to see you,' The receptionist called. I glanced back and saw a business-man of sorts. He was sitting across from her, with black hair and high cheekbones. He looked muscular, and probably lifted weights.

Huh

Most business-men don't work out much. Something tells me there is something else going on...

The business-man speaks spoke up.

'Let me introduce myself. I am Bruce Wayne, and I would like to adopt you,' He smiled. I felt shuffled my feet and nervously glanced at him.

'I think you have the wrong person—'

'I'm pretty sure I have the right person,' He said with an amused look. The receptionist was shooting me a look that clearly stated please go with him so I don't have to deal with you.

'Why would you want to adopt me?' I questioned nervously. This was one of the richest men in the world, offering to adopt me?

'I can see you're a nice kid—you can become a good person,' He replied smoothly. I was pretty sure I could be classified into a good person, but he obviously didn't know I was a Son of Hades who can control the shadows and summon the dead.

I had agreed rather reluctantly to get in his car. I didn't have a nice place to stay. But the real reason was because I could clearly see he would not take no for an answer. I got into his rather sleek looking car, and he fired up the engine. I sat in the backseat as the scenery flashed by me in a blur.

A/N

So... wassup, hope y'all enjoyed the chapter

QUICK TRIVIA!

In which book did Nico have a crush on Percy?