Chapter Eleven

Hey! Quick Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION not meant to imply anything about anyone or any organization mentioned in the work. 

Louis

Louis loved Halloween. It was his favorite holiday, behind Christmas. And his love of Halloween didn't stem from some metaphor about getting to pretend he wasn't himself for one night. No. Louis just loved dressing up and getting drunk.

He put a lot of work into his Halloween costume this year, too. Okay, the costume itself was pretty simple, but it was all about the character. And he was very excited to show it off. So, Louis started getting ready for the party the girls were holding upstairs about two hours early, before Niall even got home. Louis got his hair to sweep across his forehead in a feathery fringe and added some glitter to really amp up the look. Louis also curled his eyelashes, not afraid to enhance his best traits once in a while. He's been told his eyelashes are among the seven wonders of the world while giving a blowjob once.

When Louis was satisfied with his appearance (which took longer than he would like to admit), he moved on to his costume. He pulled on the tights, discovering they were a bit tighter than he intended to be. Whatever, Louis intended to look good tonight, and a bit of tight clothing never hurt. Louis pulled on the rest of his costume and went out into the kitchen to wait for Niall. They still had forty minutes before they had to leave, and the blonde had gotten home about five minutes ago.

Louis had exhausted his Instagram feed by the time Niall emerged from his room, right on time. Louis immediately burst out laughing. Louis and Niall were doing a couple's costume, despite not being a couple. Niall was cool like that.

The pair made their way up the two floors separating them from the girl's apartment after pulling on their shoes. The yellow door swung open, revealing the two girls themselves, dressed in matching mini dresses and heels. Gigi's was pink, her blonde hair straightened and reaching her waist, while Eleanor's was purple and her hair was in gentle waves. As soon as they saw Louis and Niall, they almost fell over laughing.

"No way! You two seriously came as Peter Pan and Tink!" Gigi said through her laughter, and Louis was worried she'd actually faint from a lack of airflow.

"Hell yeah we did." Niall responded, wearing his green minidress proudly. He was covered in gold spray-on body glitter, and he was wearing green Vans with little white puffballs on the tops. The wings on his back kept poking Louis in the eye. "What even are you two?" Niall asked.

"Barbie and Raquelle." Gigi and El said in unison while they slapped on signs with their character names on the front of their dresses. And it made sense to Louis now. Before the signs he just assumed they were club-goers. "Well come in," El said. "The party just started."

And that it had. There were about fifty people in the apartment, almost all NYCB dancers. A few costume designers Gigi knew and Ed, their accompanist, were there as well. Louis and Niall followed the girls into the living room, where Liam and Zayn were sitting on the big plush couch, chatting amicably. Liam was dressed as a rapper (?) wearing a tank top and a gold chain. Zayn was a biker, like he was every year, dressed in jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket that actually looked good on him. Louis plopped down on the checkered chair in the corner.

"Louis!" Liam shouted, clearly already a bit tipsy. Thankfully, El had given Louis some punch she made a few minutes ago, so Louis was well on his way to drunk himself. "Sick costume, man."

"Thanks," Louis replied, smiling at him. "Are you a rapper? Or something?" Louis asked, and Liam was too tipsy to take any offence, thank God.