Chapter 4 - Reunited

5:30
Marinette's P.O.V
Dupain-Cheng Bakery

I cry. I drive to my parents' bakery. Tikki hugs me. "Everything will be okay, Mari." Tikki says. I shake my head. "All couples fight." I wipe my tears as I arrive at the bakery. I get out and walk over to the door. I open it to see nobody there.

My mother rushes down. "Sorry, how can we he-" She freezes once she sees me. I think she tell I've been crying. "Oh! Sweetheart!" She rushes down to her. "What's wrong?" She asks. She hugs me.

"Did you two get into a fight?" She asks me. I nod. "Oh, sweetheart." She kisses my head. "I'll go tell the kids to pack up their stuff." My mom starts toward the stairs. "Actually, can I spend the night here?" I ask her. She smiled assuringly. "Of course. Now, wipe your tears and let's go see the kids." I smile and wipe my tears. I follow my mom up to the main floor.

"Guess who's here?" Mom asks. My kids and dad look up. "Mommy!" My kids run and jump into my arms. "Are you here to pick up the kids hunny? I thought they were eating with us?" My dad asks as I continue to hug my kids. My mom looks at him. "Actually, I was wondering if I could spend the night here?" I ask, kissing my kids' heads.

Mom gives dad a knowing look and he nods. "Of course, sweetheart. Dinner should be ready soon." My dad says, getting back to dinner. "Mommy?" Louis asks. "Yes, hunny?" I say, making my way to the couch. My kids follow. "Is daddy coming?" Louis asks.

I look at my mom. "Umm...no. He has to be at work early so he can't come. Sorry, boys." I ruffle their hair. Louis frowns, so does Hugo. Then, the bell of the door rings from downstairs into the bakery. "I forgot to lock the door again, dang it." Sabine says. "Marinette, would you come with me downstairs?" My mom asks.

I want to say no, knowing it might be Adrien. She looks at me. "Okay..." I get up and follow me downstairs. We walk downstairs, I hope it isn't Adrien.

I walk down the stairs with my mom to see...Adrien Agreste. The man I just got into a fight too. "Adrien! Hello! What can we do for you?" Mom asks. He rubs the back of his neck. "I actually came to talk to Marinette." Mom smiled. "Alright. I'll leave you too alone." She said, walking toward the stairs. "But, mom.." I say. She nods her head at me and smiles. She continues her way back up the stairs.

"Mari...listen...I'm sorry." I look down. He walks towards me and hugs me. "I am turning into my father. I tried to give Hugo and Louis the life I never had. But, the thing I never had was a father. I am sorry for not being the husband you deserve, and the father our kids deserve. I'm so sorry." He looks up at me. I start to cry and hug him tight. "I'm so sorry!" I cry.  "I know your trying so hard to be a good father!" I continue to cry. He places his hand on my face, pulling strands of hair away from my face.

"Please don't cry." I could hear footsteps on the stairs. I knew it was my parents seeing what Adrien and I were doing(hoping that we weren't fighting), but I ignored it. Our eyes met and we slowly leaned toward each other. We kissed.

Once we leaned back, he whispered something in my ear. "I love you..." I smile. "I love you too." He hugged me tight. "Wanna grab the kids and head home?" He asks me. Part of me wants some time alone, but I know I'll have that time at work, so I suggested something else. "How about...you spend the night here with the kids and I?" I ask him smiling. "But, I have to be at work early?" He asks me. I give him a look, he smiles. "Alright. I'll just have to wake up early." I smile.

"Now, which one of us is going to go home and get our things for the night?" He asks me. "I think I should. Louis misses you." He kisses my head, and I walk out to the car to get pajamas, my hair brush, and a change of clothes for the morning.

My relationship is saved...

Or so she thought....