Chapter 24

Mia has dragged me to the field to play soccer with her today

We're on a random field that's on the campus. She comes to this field every time she wants to shoot or practice whatever for soccer.

Now, I'm stuck on the goal line, playing goalie. I have no idea how to do this, so I just put my fist out to block the balls that come to me.

Mia has the biggest grin on her face that I've ever seen, and I realize that I'd do this any day of the week as long as Mia is smiling like this.

She's standing at the half-way line and shoots it at me.

I put my hands up to block it, but it still goes in. I can't describe how in love I am with this girl. It's so weird. She is just an amazing human being. And I can't describe how much she surprises me each and every day.

When she said yes to being my girlfriend two days ago, I think my mind left my body. My soul has been on fire, and I can't not around her. I love being next to her. Hugging her. Cuddling her.

I can't describe how complete she makes me feel. I hope I'm beginning to be the same for her. I know that Mia has a harder time letting people in because of her dad and brother.

She's had terrible experiences with rude people, and I wish I had been there for her. I could have protected her.

Mia drives the ball towards the net, and I miss it. I'm really not good at soccer. I guess that's what you do for the people you love, right?

She's a really good player, though. She's almost taken off my arm a couple of times because the ball had so much force.

She jogs through these little cones that she has up with the ball and then shoots the ball.

Mia is just so cute. She looks like my little baby running around the field, and she looks really hot doing it.

Her ponytail swings as she runs and her hips sway from side to side. Her feet twitch to get the ball and keep control, and she's super focused. I think that's why I'm not able to block them.

She's distracting me.

When she shoots and scores, though. She has a whole different emotion. Especially if it's a good shot. Mia will kick from the corner line, and it will curve and get into the goal. I'm not sure how she does it, but it's interesting to watch her.

When Coach Kevin called her in the car with all of us in the car, I thought he was trying to persuade her, so he kept using compliments.

But now that I'm with her right now, I can see that he was completely serious. A little under-complimented if you ask me.

She drops down next to the bag she brought and takes out her water.

Mia takes a couple of slow sips and then chugs the rest of it. I walk back over to her and plant myself right next to her.