Chapter 10

It's been a couple days since I've seen Mia because classes started Tuesday, and I feel weird without her

It's been a couple days since I've seen Mia because classes started Tuesday, and I feel weird without her. I miss her gorgeous brown eyes, that are easy to get lost in. A hint of hazel, but mostly, this warm honey brown that makes my knees go weak. And I'm a man. That's gotta be a little weird.

Imagine my surprise this fine Friday morning though, when I go through the Athletic Center towards the basketball meeting room, so I can watch some tapes, when I find little miss sunshine in the weight room.

She looks real good in those shorts. Like really good. The sweat like in her hair, and she's told me before, she sweats in her eyebrows and she thinks it's the weirdest thing. I mean, I'm not a girl so I wouldn't really know but I think it's pretty natural to sweat everywhere.

I see some guys in the weight room also agree that Mia looks good in the shorts that she's wearing because their jaws are on the ground. Happy I'm so huge because when I walk in, they all look at me with fright and then turn away.

Mia still doesn't see me so I give her a glance over once more. Her beautiful brown hair is in a ponytail, which if I must say, looks undoubtably gorgeous. Like it whips around when she walks, and when she moves her head from side to side. She doesn't have a shirt on, which for me is good, but for the five other men in here, not so good. She should only look this good with me. Preferably me. Hope that's okay with her. And those shorts. Don't get me started. Her legs look absolutely divine,. And her belly is flat, with more ab muscle than I've seen on most girls. Finally, she's got some white Nike's on that look exactly like shoes she would wear.

I think Mia is way different than any girl I've ever met. And I mean like not to be cliche, but I can't get her out of my head. I'm no saint, never had a girlfriend, a couple one night stands and I'm known to shoot a girl or two down before. But with Mia, I literally cannot not be around her. That doesn't even make sense but ever since I met her, I literally can't look at another girl the same way I look at Mia. I pass girls, who proceed to ask me to do stuff, I say no. It's like I can't even imagine doing that with other girls. I haven't even gone on a real date with Mia and I'm already whipped.

When Mia finally notices me and takes me out of my day dream, she smiles. She takes the earbuds that were in her ears and puts them away as she says, "Hi Nate! How are you? How are your classes?" That voice, that everything. I can't. Stop Nate.

"Hey sunshine, I'm doing alright. Classes are good. How's being a freshman?" I smirk.

"They're fun! It's fun. I'm taking exercise science and biology for credits toward Physical Therapy, and I have a French and Creative Writing Class, they're really great." She smiles, thinking about it. She's taking exercise science! Cool, cool.

"That sounds- why are you taking French?" I ask, a little confused.

"I took it in high school and I really want to become fluent, so I'll take the course this year and take an exam to test if I'm fluent or not." Wow, that's impressive.