Chapter 5

I bite the plastic cap of my pen as I twirl a piece of hair that keeps falling in my face around my finger. I can't concentrate today and all the theories in this lecture are just causing me a headache.

I almost fell to the side when Alice's elbows came in contact with my upper arm. I had to grab the table to catch myself. I turn and glare at her as she covers her mouth with her hand trying to keep her laughter in.

"Sorry, I didn't think I pushed you that hard!" She says quickly.

"It's fine, just be more gentle next time, please, " I push my hair behind my ear and touch my small gold hoop earring, playing with it. 

"I'm bored, can we leave at the break?" Alice says, pouting before resting her head on the table.

"I'm in, " Sydney says as she starts playing with Alice's hair.

"Yeah, I can't stand this lecture anymore either, " I say before turning to look at Felix next to me.

"Are you coming?"

"No, unlike you girls, I'm finding this lecture to be quite informative, " he says as he notes down something.

"Well, suit yourself. We're out!" Alice says.

We have to wait for another 10 minutes until he gave us our break and we didn't miss a second to rush out of the lecture room.

"Oh my God, freedom! Finally, I swear I was about to get up in the middle of the lecture and leave if he wasn't going to give as a break, " Alice whines.

"I know right! It was the most boring and tiresome lecture so far, I hope the other ones aren't like this, " Sydney says, shaking her head.

A tall broad figure at the end of the hall brings me to a halt.

What the... I squint my eyes trying to figure out if I'm seeing correctly.

Those dark brown eyes though, I can recognise them from miles away. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion cause, what is he doing in the art facility of the university?

"Girls, I have to go home, okay. That lecture caused me a headache you don't mind, right?" I say to them quickly not wanting to risk losing him.

"Okay yeah, don't worry, you would have been a third wheel anyway, so it probably wouldn't be fun for you, " Alice chuckles as she waves me goodbye.

After I make sure they're out of sight, I move towards the boy leaning on the wall with his phone in his hand. When I'm standing only a few feet away from him I finally open my mouth.

"Ian?"

At the sound of his name, he snaps his head up locking eyes with me. The terror in his eyes from seeing that it's me calling out to him makes me even more confused.

"Chloe?"

"What are you doing here? The business department it's like 25 minutes away from here, " I say.

"Shh, " he puts his finger on my lips to keep me quiet but removes it as soon as he realizes what he did.

He franticly looks around before grabbing the sleeve of my oversized jacket and dragging me out of the building.

"Ian, where are we going? What's going on?" I was not expecting this development when I approach him in the hallway.

I feel like a child with the way he's dragging me.

Like the child that wandered around on her own even though her parents said to her to stay on the spot and now they found her and taking her back home, yeah that feeling.

He pushes my back gently on the wall on the side of the building and rests his hands on my shoulders. His eyes widen for a second before pushing away from me and bringing a hand behind his neck.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I drag you out like that, it's not like anyone here knows my situation anyway but I just panicked, " he says quickly whilst rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Ian, "

"I know. I know you have a lot of questions and that I'm not exactly been helpful in answering them here, " he says, keeping his gaze on the dirty cemented floor but occasionally throwing glances at me. 

"Why not?" I ask, leaning back more comfortably on the wall.

"Look, I'll explain a lot of things to you just not...here, " he turns and looks at me with those soft brown eyes.

"Then we can go somewhere else, " I say, removing myself from the wall and taking a couple of steps closer to him.

"Not now, meet me tonight at midnight on our balconies. I'll explain then, okay?" He says softly grabbing my wrist.

"Okay, " I say, waiting for him to let me go.

He stays still for a couple more minutes as we stare at each other eyes, his lips part as if he is going to say something but decides against it. I would pay a lot of money to see what is running through his mind right now. He clears his throat and lets me go, turning his back to me.

"I'll see you tonight Ian, " I say as I quickly move away from him.

Once I arrived home, I run to my room and close the door behind me. Now I just have to wait 6 hours, great!

I take off my top and then my jeans as I move to my bathroom. I need a warm relaxing shower. I let the water warm up as I get rid of my bra and panties, putting them in my laundry basket before putting my hair in a ponytail.

The warm water making contact with my skin makes me let out a sigh as I feel my shoulders relaxing. I lather my body in coconut-scented shower gel until I feel clean and then rinse it off. I stay under the warm shower for a little longer thinking.

I thought I would be excited when that day came when I will finally learn something important about Ian's life but now I don't know. I'm more anxious than excited. I'm quite sure that I'm not going to like what I would hear. I'm also not sure if he is opening up to me because he wants to or because he thinks I "caught" him.

I get out of the shower and dry up before putting a clean pair of panties on, black joggers and a one-shoulder black bodysuit. I let my hair out of the ponytail and sit down on my bed, grabbing my laptop, I try to keep myself busy until the time comes.

Patiently waiting for the clock to strike midnight.

A/N

What do you think Ian is hiding? Find out in the next chapter...

Feel free to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you have a great day/night! Xx

Stay safe & stay strong!

All the love - M ❤️