19 - dottie obrien

FINE LINE
real life

MONDAY, 7:08 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA.

"WAKE UP!" yelled the australian as she jumped on top of her bestfriend.

a groan was let out as the boy stirred under his sheets "how did you get in?" he mumbled.

"a bat to your windows" she joked, laying her head on his chest.

dylan quickly threw the covers off his face and shot up "what?!"

lottie smiled at the boy getting off his bed to open up his curtains. "relax, dyl. it's just a joke, t-pose gave me an extra key." she watched him lay back down and cover his face with his hands.

she walked back to him, laying next to him with her face on his neck and her arms wrapped around him.

he turned on his side to be more comfortable, she looked up at the boy and smiled "happy birthday, pickle" she gave him a peck on his forehead.

"last week i gave you twenty-two for your birthday" he frowned, missing the feeling of her lips on him.

"twenty two kisses for birthday girl" he smiled, giving her kisses all over her forehead and head.

"stop! stop! stop!" she laughed "dylan! my makeup!" she continued to laugh trying to pry him off.

he ignored her and continued to count "twenty-one and last but certainly not least, twenty- two!" he grinned, placing a small kiss on the bridge of her nose.

"i'll give you the rest of your kisses if you get up and see what i got you" she got off the bed and stuck her hands out for him to hold. he grabbed ahold of her hands and allowed her to pull him away from his fresh bed.

"it's seven in the morning" he yawned, falling off the edge of the bed onto his rug.

she let out a frustrated sigh "yes and we have lots to do today. so get your ass up"

he got off the floor and followed her out "you didn't have to give me anythin-"

"oh, shut up. don't even finish that stupid sentence" she walked down the stairs into his living room "you worked with cierra for my birthday last week so now i'm doing yours"

"surprise!" yelled charlotte's family from behind her. the Australian covered her mouth in complete shock. "what?! you guys said you were coming next week because there was no flights!" she rushed over to hug her parents, who had on party hats.

"that handsome friend of yours reached out to us and had us fly out over here yesterday!" said her mother, smiling at dylan who watched the encounter next to cierra.

charlotte looked over at dylan who smiled innocently "thank you! thank you! thank you!" she laughed, hugging the boy to death.

"fine. i'll allow it just don't go over board, i wouldn't even mind spending it in here" he said taking a seat on the sofa.

"turning twenty-three is a big deal, dylan. it means you're another twelve months away from being an even number again"

"being an odd number isn't that bad"