CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER 18

EMILY HART

When I woke up, I saw Dante's hand on mine he was sleeping on one arm holding my hand. I smiled. Tracing my fingers on his cheek, I removed some hair that was on his forehead.

"Waky waky sleepy head." I said, he tried to open his eyes, then again closed them.

Finally he managed to open his eyes "What's the time?" Was the first thing he asked in a hoarse tone.

"8" I replied.

He rubbed his eyes then took out his phone to check something.

"I need to make a call, it's urgent."

I nodded.

He left the room. I stayed in my place looking around but I was getting really uncomfortable. I need to pee badly.

I shifted to the end of the bed, then got down with a lot of difficulty. Slowly I got up from the bed to make my way to the washroom but I felt pain in my stomach which caused me sit back on the bed. Holding my stomach I stayed on my place then again got up trying to go to the washroom, by limping I made my way towards the washroom but again the pain and I was about to fall when a hand wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. I held the person's arm tightly trying to keep myself in position.

Then I looked up at the person, it was Dante.

"What are you doing? Didn't the doctor tell you to rest?"

I bit my lips "I need to pee."

Dante thought something then picked me up in bridal style, making his way to the washroom. When we reached inside the washroom he said "I'll be waiting outside, call me when you're done."

"Thank you."

He nodded and went out.

After doing my business, I washed my face and called Dante, he came and again took me back to the bed.

All the time he was with me, not once did he leave. I know he still thinks that everything happened to me because of him. Usually it's the patient who needs to be cheered, right?

But in my case, it's the patient who is trying really hard to cheer up.

Sigh.

During lunch time the nurse came with a plate in her hand. When she kept the plate in front of me, I saw what was in the plate. The most disgusting food.... porridge.

Looking at it my smile left my face and flew away.

She kept the plate in front of me and waited for me to start eating, I pushed the plate back.

"You need to have this." She said.

"I am not hungry."

Dante who was busy doing something on his phone now looked up from his phone.

I bit my lips, I don't want to have it. It sucks.

"But this is what people are supposed to eat when they are sick dear." She argued again.

"But I am completely fine. I am not sick."

"Bu-"

"Excuse me, you can leave it here I'll manage." Dante said to the nurse.

The nurse looked between me and Dante, then smiled and left.

"Just have it." He said in a stern tone.

Looking down I shook my head.

"Emily you are sick."

"I am not sick can't you see I am completely fine." I stretched my arm to show him that I am completely fine but "Ow!"