CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

CHAPTER 45

EMILY HART

I could hear voices, my body felt weak. Slowly I managed to open my eyes. The first thing I saw in front of me was Dad. He was holding my hand.

"D-Dad." I muttered in a shaky voice.

"Em?" Dad looked at me. "Em."

Dad went out to call the doctor, the doctor did few checks on me. Everyone was there Uncle, Dad, Eth but the person for whom I was searching wasn't anywhere around.

"She's absolutely fine now but you have to be a little careful her wounds haven't yet healed." The doctor instructed.

My eyes remained fixed at the door, waiting for him to come any moment.

After giving few more instructions, when the doctor went out of the room Dad sat beside me and kissed my head.

"I'm so happy you are finally awake Em."

I smiled.

"Never ever do that again."

"D-Dante?" Was all I could say.

Eth replied from behind "He was here all the time, we asked him to go back and take some rest. He didn't want to leave you but I forced him because he was looking all shitty. He must be on his way I told him you are awake."

He came closer to me "You scared us Em."

"S-Sorry."

He helped me to sit on the bed and placed the pillow behind my back.

The door opened revealing Dante, as soon as he saw me he sighed in relief.

I gave him a light smile.

"Yeah, see your girl is fine now." Uncle said.

I could see tears in his eyes, ready to fall any moment.

"What? She's fine now. You're not gonna talk to her. Since last 3 days you were the one getting impatient to hear her voice." Eth said pushing Dante towards me.

Dante sat on the stool beside me, his eyes not leaving mine. He held my hand in both his hands and placed a kiss on it.

"I-I'm fine." I said.

He didn't say anything all he did was placed a light kiss on my forehead.

"You scared me." He whispered in my ear kissing my cheek.

The doctor did few more check-ups on me, Dad and the others left it was just me and Dante in the room. He didn't leave my side even once.

"I have something to talk about." He said suddenly.

I looked at him and nodded.

"Marry me."

My eyes widened "W-What?"

"Marry me." Am I hearing things? Or he really said that he wants me to marry him?

"Why?"

He shrugged "I don't know I just want you to be mine forever. I don't want us to ever separate."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"If you don't want it then it's fine."

"I didn't say I don't want it." I said in a hurry.