16 | Spontaneous-Spitfire •

Dear ones, how did you come across this story? Except for the ones whose profiles I/ My friend blatantly spammed.🙈 I am just curious!

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment dear ones. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Aditya's Pov

9:50 pm.

9:50 pm.

9:51 pm.

9:52 pm.

9:52 pm.

What the hell?

I looked at the wall clock umpteenth time in the last ten minutes. There was certainly some issue with this circular device as the time was moving at a pace slower than a sloth itself. Every single time my gaze had darted toward the wall clock, it was nowhere ten.

Damn Adi, you need to divert your mind.

Shaking my head to shoo away all the distractive thoughts, I scanned my pending emails, jotting down the relevant changes I needed to make in my ongoing projects.

A few seconds later when after my gaze traversed to the wall, it was already fifteen minutes past ten.

Woah.

When I was giving full attention to the time, it was busy displaying its arrogance to me, and as soon as I neglected it for a few seconds, it came sprinting behind me.

Such a Humanly Trait.

Isn't this what we humans do to each other today? Ignore those who give us undivided attention, and crave their attention as soon as they stop making efforts.

Stupid clock. Wasted my fifteen precious minutes.

In a way, though, it was good because if I had messaged her at precisely 10:00, my desperation would have been apparent.

Not willing to waste a second more, I sent her a message, silently praying for an uninterrupted conversation tonight. To my surprise, her reply came instantaneously.

Hey.

Hey.

Free?

Hanji. Just now.

Dinner?

Done. You?