Chapter 49

HIM

The night they arrived at Italy

"Did you eat well, bella? Do you want anything else?" I asked Amy as we were walking towards our car from the restaurant we just dined at.

"I'm okay; I'm more than full actually," she confirmed herself.

Placing my hand on her back, I looked around to make sure no one was sneaking on us.

Not that I wasn't already spotted here within a few hours of being in Italy anyways.

Me, Amy, Jake, and his girlfriend went into our car and headed to our hotel.

I looked at Amy, but she was busy texting her parents. The other two behind the both of us were bickering about something within each other. I let out a soft laugh, hearing tidbits of it.

Man, my brother's whipped, just like me.

I continued driving, my eyes constantly scanning our surroundings to make sure nothing sneaky is going on.

The four of us came here for a fashion show that was held in a few days.

Jake and I have gotten offers like this before from other designers, but obviously, we politely declined. I have way better and important things to do than sitting for hours while watching all these models walk and show the designer's latest creations.

Since Amy and Jake's girlfriend got invited, why not have a good time? Both of them would enjoy it.

On the other hand, I haven't been spoiling her much since our relationship started, excluding when she surprisingly agreed to have a shopping spree.

I mean, I get where she's coming from, but the urge to make her excessively happy is overwhelming sometimes.

We eventually arrived at our hotel. The four of us were already walking into the lobby while people were assisting us with transporting our luggage.

The hotel staff instantly knew who we were and handed us our keys, no talking involved. They guided us to the elevator.

"Then I think we'll be seeing you two next morning?" Jake said as the elevator opened on our floor.

"Yeah. Goodnight, the two of you," I replied.

Jake's girlfriend and Amy exchanged their farewell, and we were on our own.

We walked towards our room, and I unlocked the door using the keycard.

Going in, Amy unknowingly let out a 'wow,' probably in awe of the beautiful interior of the room.

Amy took out her clothes and went to the bathroom while I sat on the bed, taking out a piece of paper that had been slid into my back pocket when we were at the restaurant just now.

It was one of the guards in front of the restaurant; dumbass must've thought I wouldn't have noticed.

'Benvenuto a casa' the note read.

I heard the tap running in the bathroom, so I quickly changed as well. I went in after she came out.

Sending a text message to Jake, I composed myself and came out.

Letting out a sigh, I laid beside her, my eyes unable to look at her with the things I kept away from her.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, her body turning to face me.

I went silent for a second and responded, "Just about the company." My mind was so clogged with various things that is all I could muster up for a response.