Girls Day Out

Chapter 22

I woke up feeling a lot better but my ribs are still a little sore. I look up and see the heart monitor moving, dancing with colors on the screen. I still had the IV drip in too.

I look around the room and see the team all spread out...asleep. Why were they sleeping in here? I look over and see Loki beside me sleeping. He stayed.

I must have fallen asleep while watching TV. I reached for the desk beside me and grabbed my only working hearing aid. I put on and waited.

I tried not to shift in the bed to wake up Loki. I let my hand give off a soft glow so I could see who was in here.

Tony was asleep on the couch. Besides him was Steve with a book on his face a little spaced out. Natasha was asleep in the chair at the end of my bed with her favorite handgun in her hand. Clint was beside Nat in a separate chair. Bruce was sleeping in a different chair with one of Stark's tablets and Sam is on the floor sleeping with a Falcon blanket. Thor is umm I don't know where Thor is.

I let the light on my hand fade and laid back in the bed putting space between me and Loki. I stared at the ceiling thinking. Will, I ever have to tell the team about HYDRA or that I was a part of  what they call a winter soldier program. What if my secret gets out and Nat won't want to adopt me anymore. What I get kicked off the team. What if they lock me up at SHIELD. What if they send me to the RAFT.

There was a beeping noise that pulled me out of my thoughts. It was the heart monitor that was speeding up the rhythm. The team was starting to wake up. Bruce got up and came and checked on me and saw my eyes were wide open. He smiled. Everyone was making groaning noises starting to sit up.

I had to calm my breathing. I had to think of something soothing. Hmmm, punching Stark in the face, putting a dagger to Loki's throat, sparing Nat.

The beeping begins to slow down and let out a shaky breath Bruce went to go sit back down. With that everyone starts falling back asleep.

Loki is still asleep along with everyone else. I turn on my side to face Loki. He was in normal clothes, a short sleeve shirt and some sweatpants. He was sleeping on top of the blanket and a separate pillow.

His dark hair blocked his face. Everyone says he is a bad guy but he seems so peaceful. When we aren't holding daggers to each other's throats. He was so calm and, wait.

Hold on am I- am- no, no I am not falling for Thor little brother let's just nip that in the bud.

While waiting and thinking of anything to do my arm starts to itch. I begin to scratch at it but it's where my IV is I hear a voice deep and raspy say.
"Stop messing with your IV" he suggested while grabbing my hand to stop me from possibly ripping my IV out.

I looked up into his eyes wondering why he is, touching me. Okay, I don't mind hugs or being touched but if it's out of nowhere they should prepare to get stabbed. He released my wrist and began to talk quietly.

"You know you gave everyone quite the scare. You have been sleeping for almost 5 days. Lady Natasha would not leave your bedside. They have been sleeping in here the entire time" he said as quietly as possible it was kinda hard to make out what he was saying.

I sat up in the bed and noticed I was in a long sleeve shirt and sweatpants with the IV under my shirt. It's bothering me .

I want to rip these wires off me and rip this IV out but I can't. I leaned back and rested my back against the bed beside loki. Then a loud noise went off.

It was beeping loud in my ear. Or the only ear that I could hear out of, It was one of the machines. Everyone sat up looking around.

Bruce walked over to the light switch and said.