That's Not From You - Charlie Dalton

This imagine is longer. (Word count: 1871)

Drop a like and comment if you enjoy!

"Aw c'mon Y/N, it's gonna be fun! I promise," says Gloria as she grabs your hands in hers.

"I dunno, girls..." you shrug. It's been a really stressful week, with the professors piling up exam after exam, and you still have a lot of work to do.

"You're always studying, Y/N," complains Tina as she sits beside you. "You need to relax, to have some fun!"

"Please, Y/N? There'll be boys," winks Gloria.

"Ugh, fine," you smile as you roll your eyes. Not that you're interested in meeting boys, but you know the girls won't give up until you agree to go.

"Perfect! Let's go, then."

Gloria and Tina had "adopted" you when you arrived at Ridgeway - you were in the same grade, but you were quiet and introverted, while they were loud, outgoing and put partying over studying. For some reason they had made it their mission to convert you to extrovertism, and you didn't really mind.

Now it was almost half past eleven at night, and they were urging you to sneak out with them - to go to some kind of reunion called the Dead Poets Society. You have no clue of who would be there, but you tell yourself that in the worst of cases you'd be third-wheeling all night, per usual, and get caught trying to sneak back in the dorms at Ridgeway High.

You wrap your coat around you and follow them out.

The three of you run through the empty streets of the town, through the hills and stop at the edge of the forest. "He'll be here soon," declares Tina.

"Who?" you ask.

"Charlie," they giggle.

"Who's Charlie?"

"Me."

You jump and let out a small yelp of fear. Behind you is standing a boy around your age - seventeen years old  - and in the dim light of the moon, you notice his surpringsly gorgeous eyes, his clear hair, his smirk, his good-looking face - and his cape decorated by the Welton Academy symbol.

"You didn't tell me you'd bring a friend," he frowns at Tina and Gloria. Then, turning towards you: "Scared you, didn't I? Let's go," he adds, and vanishes in the darkness of the woods.

You hesitate at first, but seeing your friends running off you follow them. What's the worst that can happen? you ask yourself. But as many bad things begin popping inside your head, you brush the thought away.

Guided by Charlie and his lamptorch, you make your way deeper and deeper into the forest, until the four of you suddenly stop in front of what look like the entrance of a cave.

"Welcome, ladies, to the humble home of the Dead Poets Society," he solemnly declares.

"Ooh, I like the sound of that," giggles Gloria.

"After you," gestures the boy. The girls go in without second thoughts, but you stop in your tracks. An unknown fear is paralyzing you. The perspective of spending the night there doesn't appeal to you.

"C'mon," smiles Charlie, "we're not going to eat you. We're nice guys," he says, emphasizing the word nice.

"Who else is in there?" you ask with a tremulous voice. Your heart is drumming in your ears.

"Some of my friends from Welton."

You reluctantly enter the cave, and six pairs of curious eyes welcome you as you sit on the cold rocks beside Tina and Gloria.