̶n̶i̶n̶e̶

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

once night falls and my two best friends are situated comfortably on my bed, i break down.

"oh my god, adya! do you want a hug?" naomi asks very concerned as a hand comes up to stroke my hair.

i shake my head as i continue sobbing into my bed sheets. i hear muffled whispers, shuffling, and my door opening.

when the door opens again and someone walks towards my bed, i feel adrien being placed on my back. my cat sniffs my hair before getting off to meow loudly at me.

i reluctantly raise my head and hand to pet him, making sure to scratch under his chin.

"oh my god. olivia's debut album just dropped. can we please listen to it?" naomi break the silence as i wipe my tears away.

i nod my head as emma places a one pound bag of sour gummy worms in front of my lap. i quickly open the bag and shove a handful in my mouth.

"okay, everyone. get ready to cry." naomi announces as they connect their phone to my speaker, playing the album.

i cry to track 4 and 7, but it's when the album gets to track 10. the second to the last track on the album.

favorite crime.

"naomi, can you replay that song."

"sure."

❝ all the things i did
just so i could call you mine ❞

"oh my god. adya, are you actually crying?"

i look up to emma looking at me with concerned look written across her face, that she almost looks like a mom after seeing their kid fall down.

"huh?" i lightly touch my throat as my voice comes out barely audible.

i flinch when naomi wipes my face with a tissue and realize that i'm crying.

oh god. i'm crying over a boy.

"hey, adya. it's okay. we're here for you." naomi says as they lightly pinch my cheek. "you don't even have to explain it. we'll just sit near you, quietly."

i quickly shake my head and wipe the remaining tears away.

i should tell them.

so, i do. it takes some time to explain my long version of the story of us, but by the time i'm done, naomi looks pissed and emma hands me a bag of hershey kisses.

"i'll be fine one day, not in the immediate future, but soon i will. i'm going to look back on those few months and the pain in my heart won't be so prominent. maybe, it'll even be gone."

emma goes to open her mouth, but naomi shoves a handful of chips into her mouth.

"go on."

i shrug, "i don't know. i guess... when we hangout tomorrow, i don't have high expectations anymore. i accept this outcome. louis doesn't want to go past friends and i'm okay with that. at least i'm still in his life as a friend because he makes me feel so special. he was bound to leave, but i'm glad that we got to spend this time together."