CHAPTER SEVEN

MEANY

KOA
HEBI ESTATE
(JAPANESE CONFIDENTIAL LOCATION)

Koda tugged at my pant leg once again and teared up a bit. I could tell he didn't wanna be away from Dahliah much longer. I bent down and whipped his tears. This isn't the first time today. I sighed.

"We won't be here too long, okay? When we get home you can spend time with mommy okay? I'll even let you stay up past your bedtime. So can you be good for me?"

"Yeah."He sniffed. I waved my men to follow us inside.

"では行きましょう."I hurried Koda along inside the traditional style estate. I glanced down at his hair once again. To be honest,I've never seen him with his hair like this and I haven't been able to look at him without seeing her. Sometimes, you look just like her. I considered stopping to fix it before my father sees. However, I chose not to do so.

Eventually we made it inside to see my father. The 18th head of the HEBI Group. We bowed respectfully and began.

(*Speaking Japanese.)

"Hello, father."He greeted me back.

"Welcome son, and grandson."My father grinned from his throne like chair. Every head of Japan had one. He spoke slowly and surely became he knew he was in charge at all times. I kept my hands in my suit pockets.

"Say hello to your grandfather, Koda."I whispered.

"Hi grandpa."He bowed respectfully.

"Hello."He bowed slowly. Once we were done with the casualties,

"Alright, cut the crap dad. What do you want?"He glared at me and I glared right back. Both with our similar sharp angled eyes. We never had a good relationship. Clearly.

"I've asked you too many times to bring him to come see me. He is my grandson."He hissed at me.

"So you can what, dad? Tell him about the glorious life of a HEBI head?"I narrowed my eyes at him once again. He glanced back at Koda.

"Hm...Why does he have those braids in his hair?" He remarked. I glared at him heavily.

"...If I have given you the privilege of seeing your grandson, just for you to disrespect the both of us. Then we have more important places to be."I motioned Koda to the door.

"Now now son, no need to get defensive." He waved his hand for one of his men to get him a tabaco pipe. They placed it in his mouth and lit it for him. He continued in his low and slow tone,

"I think now it's time to discuss business."

"I told you. I didn't bring my son here for that."I hissed.

"Not that kind of business son. That is for another day. I want to make you aware of the annual family party remember?"

I forgot. Is it really that time again?

"You know how it goes. The whole event is all night. Just for family. No meetings, no violence, no nothing."He had one of his men tap the ash from his pipe for him.

"When's the date?"I asked. I truly did not want to go. However, this was the only time of the year that every member of the family is in one place to celebrate our success.

"This coming weekend. Do not be late."He confirmed then commented,

"Oh, and if you can, maybe find a date. I bet Takoda would like that too."He nonchalantly teased. I had enough of him. He may have been well respected as the head of the HEBI group for many decades. But to me, growing up being the next head, he was just another asshole. One that wanted me to be just like him.