CHAPTER TWELVE

HIGH CHAIR

DAHLIAH

NIGHTTIME

Eventually all three of us were ready and it was time to leave for the party. I carried Takoda out to the car while Koa walked behind us. Asashi held the door open for all three of us and then got in the front seat to drive.

"Are you excited Koda?"I fixed his hair a bit more.

"Yes!"He smiled fidgeting in his black booster seat.

"Koa are you excited?"He sighed making his usual serious face.

"Not in the slightest."

"Oh come on. It won't be that bad. Beside your the one that said we should all go."I smiled awkward.

"Dahliah, my father is having the whole family there."He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well, that's true."

"...I guess. It won't be that bad as long as you guys are there with me."He grinned looking me in the eyes. I was amazed. Wow. He had a pretty nice smile. I thought this would be a good time to give them the gift I bought them.

"Um I have a uh gift for you guys."I said kinda shyly. I don't know why I was so nervous. I gently pulled out the three matching T*ffany & Co. bracelets.

"Woooow!"Takoda took it happily and gazed at it in amazement while I clipped it on. After slipping the second one to Koa's wrist, I slipped on the last one of the three.

"...Thank you. I like it. A lot."Koa smiled softly and glanced down at his son. I smiled in contentment.

AT THE PARTY

I had never been to a party other than Holiday parties and things like that. But this was a party. It was on top of the tallest building in all of Japan. It was lit up like a light show and the decorations were unmatched. I was completely blown away. But I guess they do have to go all out since they are only all together once a year.

Surprisingly Koa held my hand while Takoda stayed on my hip. I could tell he didn't want the two of us to leave his sight. I glanced around at the amazing set up and honestly I suppose I expected no less. Even so, I was trying to figure out where the food was at.

"I'm hungry mommy."Takoda whined a little.

"Me too, baby."I kept looking around.

"Dahliah, If you happen to run into those people standing over there. You see?"He motioned.

"Yeah."I nodded.

"Run."

"Why? Who are these people? Are they dangerous?" I asked. He sighed.

"It's my father, my brother Keamon, and my sister Kohari. Are they dangerous? In more ways than one of you ask me."He rubbed his neck. I put my phone away.

"Well this is a family event, Koa. How am I just gonna ignore your family?"I asked trying to lighten the mood.

"Please."He leaned down to my ear, keeping his hands in his suit pockets, whispering,

"I don't wanna have to worry about you so much."I pulled away and looked at him. He knew how I always reacted when he whispered in my ear. I saw his little smirk but I knew he was genuine. I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Fine. But I'm at least gonna say hi and you can't stop me!"I exclaimed playfully. He sighed again looking around and froze when he saw an older man approaching us.