Chapter 35 Meeting The Parents

Xavier asked me to come over for dinner tonight but forgot to mention that it would be a family dinner. As I'm not just me and him eating way too much junk food, but him, his sister and his parents.

          Yes, you saw that right. His parents. Mr. And Mrs. Black. His parents who I have never met yet, but was absolutely terrified of meeting.

          I mean, who wouldn't be scared to meet their boyfriend or girlfriend's, parents? I am sincerely jealous of anyone that is not.

           So right now, I had my cell phone pressed against my ear with I used my other hand to lock my front door behind me when Xavier casually mentioned that his parents would be there.

          "Yeah, my mom's doing just some casual appetizers tonight so it'll be just a small thing."

          "What? Why is your mom making dinner?"

          "Because it's a family dinner and she always cooks when it's family dinner?" Xavier laughed.

          "Family dinner?" I repeated. "What do you mean it's a family dinner?"

          "I told you-"

          "No!" I exclaimed into my phone, cutting Xavier off right away. "No, you did not! Because of you did then I wouldn't be wearing sweatpants and an oversized stained t-shirt! I also would have actually spent time getting ready and not just have watched Netflix all day!" Ok, I was freaking out.

           I mean, I looked like a mess right now. And not even a hot mess. Just a mess.

"Surprise?" Xavier tried to come off excited but really it just sounded more like a question.

I quickly pushed the front door back open, letting it swing closed behind me as I kicked my shoes off before running up the stairs and into my bedroom for a decent outfit that didn't make me look like a slob.

"I'm going there a tunnel," I said making awful static noises. "I'm losing you."

"Addison there are no tunnels in town," I could hear the confusion in Xavier's voice and picture the frown on his lips. "Wait!—"

"Can't talk—cutting out— going to be late— you suck—" I muffled my phone speaker and quickly hung up.

But not before hearing Xavier yell out, "Addison!—"

I tossed my phone onto my unmade bed and pulled the oversized t-shirt over my head and tossed it somewhere on my floor.

I opted for a cute, simple, lilac long-sleeved cardigan button-up top, and a pair of high-waisted dark blue jeans. Simple, classy and perfect for meeting the parents.

The next step was my hair. Right now it was pulled back in a messy ponytail, with babysits sticking up in every which direction. I quickly ripped the hair tie out and yanked a brush through my hair to try and tame it a little. Luckily the hair-tie didn't leave one of those awkward lines, so my hair still fell in its natural waves and with a little help from some anti-frizz spray, I was able to make it look good.

I had already washed my face before leaving, so all I needed to do was put on a little mascara and I was good to go. My skin wasn't amazing, but it also wasn't the worst either.