41. The Wangs are here...

"You were not supposed to kill him!", He Peng yelled at Zhang Wei and the vamp rolled his eyes at the man. "He isn't dead, yet. Didn't take you for a coward, He Peng. Getting scared?",taunted Zhang Wei and the Wen Alpha glared at him, his voice hard. "Zi Yi made it very clear that the Omega was to stay alive. It was one of our conditions. If anything happens to him-" "Don't threaten me, He Peng. I don't respond well to threats. The Omega isn't dead and will continue to breathe until few more hours. Tell your sister to hurry up and find a way to break the link. I won't be held responsible if her brother dies by accident." The vamp fixed the collar of his shirt and whispered something to Zihao. The vamp nodded at his master, picked up the limp body from the ground and the vampires walked out of the small room that reeked of blood and bitterness. He Peng could only stare at the back of their heads wiping the sweat from his brows. He left the basement along with them only to see two of his men holding onto Zi Yi who was screaming like a fucking banshee. "LET ME GOOO!! HE PENG! HE PENG!!! YOU LIAR." The two Alphas restraining her were uncomfortable as they held onto the fuming female. Everyone in the Wen Pack knew what Wen Zi Yi was capable of. The woman had a sharp brain, sharp claws and her healing skills could only be described as the best in the world. The woman was tough to handle on a daily basis and here she was, losing all her rationality as she screamed at their soon to be Alpha. They were already wary of the woman because their Alpha didn't like it when others laid their hands on ZiYi and using force on her would only be digging up their own graves.

He Peng saw his men struggling to control Zi Yi and with the way she was shouting, He Peng was sure his father was going to find out what he had been doing behind his back. "Zi Yi! Calm down." He glared at her trying to assert his dominance over her but the woman threw off one of the men holding her and clutched the lapels of He Peng's jacket, furious. "Calm down? I specifically told you Zhan wasn't to be harmed. What the fuck did they do to him?" Tears had gathered in her eyes and He Peng mistook her anger as fear for her brother's life. "I know you are worried about your brother but you don't have to be. Xiao Zhan is alive, Zi Yi. Zhang Wei won't break his promise." His words were sharp but Zi Yi scoffed. "Alive? He is covered in blood, He Peng. You let those fuckers feed from him. If Yibo finds out, Do I even have to tell you what he will do to you?", the woman snarled and He Peng's anger took over. Fisting her hair in his hand, He Peng slammed her face first to the nearby wall, growling. "Don't you fucking raise your voice at me, you fucking bitch!!! Don't you know what will happen to your poor family members if I get angry? You better stay in line, Wen Zi Yi. Those losers will lose their heads if you don't rein your temper in. Don't you forget who is the master here." Not holding his strength back, He Peng pushed her further into the wall and only when he heard a pained cry leave her, he let her go. Zi Yi held onto her scraped, bleeding cheek, her eyes filled with tears to the brim and she stiffened when He Peng took hold of her chin. She could only swallow the lump in her throat as her so-called brother brushed her tears away. "Don't worry, Zi Yi. You know how much I care for you. I won't let anyone wrong you. You trust me, don't you?", Zi Yi didn't want to anger the man anymore so she just nodded her head, too afraid to speak because of the bile rising in her throat. The man walked away from her and Zi Yi leaned against the wall finally able to breathe better. No matter how much she resented He Peng, she couldn't challenge him. He Peng was a sadistic bastard and Zi Yi knew what her future looked like. Full of shame and pain. To protect her family from He Peng, she had turned her back on everything that mattered to her but He Peng was still not satisfied. She saw the spark of lust in his dark eyes whenever their eyes met. It made her sick. Humiliating her and controlling her were He Peng's own means of twisted foreplay and the mere thought of what would happen once He Peng became Alpha of the Wen pack terrified her. Wen Xiu had done his best to shield her from his son's disgusted self but she knew her adoptive father's days were numbered. He Peng was going to rule the Wen lands one day and she was ready to end herself as soon as that day came. She would never let this man touch her and violate her. If she died to stop it from happening, so be it. But before that, she had to make sure her people and her brother were safe. She had spent the last two decades planning meticulously, she wasn't going to fail now. Wiping the drops of blood off her face, she took her phone out and dialled a number. As soon as the call connected and a deep voice said, "Hello" Zi Yi spoke in a flat tone. "If you want to find your Alpha's mate, he is on the Wen territory." "Hey!who's th-", she hung up the phone and left the basement all set to finally push her plan into action.

It didn't take long for the Wangs and the others to reach the Wen territory. An hour later, a total of hundred and thirty five wolves stood before the Wen territory all brimming with fury and adrenaline. Xuan licked his lips in anticipation of the action that was to come and beside him, Wang Rong cracked his knuckles clearly preparing himself. Wang Qiren and Wang Zi Teng were scowling at the Wen pack members that were guarding the gates and looking pale as sheets. The sight of a hundred plus angry wolves looking like they were ready to pull apart everything in their way was definitely an intimidating sight. The Alphas from various packs had come to assist The Wangs and stood with them. The Wangs were influential people and all Wang Haikuan had to do was make some calls and here they were. Some were here to end the Wen Pack, some were here to kill the vampires and some were just looking for fun. Their personal reasons didn't matter to anyone in the Lan pack. What mattered was that they were here to help take back what was Wang Yibo's. The Alphas knew that Xiao Zhan was in the hands of the Wens and just that fact had been enough for them to want He Peng and Zhang Wei's head. Mate bonds were sacred to shifters. Today, they were going to set an example of what were the consequences if someone messed with a wolf's mate and thought to harm them.
The huge iron gates were only ten steps away and Wang Yibo stood in front of his pack, leading his wolves with a promise of death and destruction on his face. His eyes were hard, his face stoic and yet the blazing wrath on his face was enough to rattle his enemies. One of the men from the Wen pack ran away when he saw Yibo and Haikuan knew it was to inform Wen Alpha that the Lan pack was here.

Minutes later, Wen He Peng strolled out and with him were people the Jiangs recognised as the ones who had attacked their territory. The unrestrained growls left many of the Lan wolves while the Jiangs snarled at the very sight of the Wens. He Peng saw Wang Yibo staring at him but he stood his ground glaring at the wolf right back. "What's the meaning of this, Wang Yibo?", he growled but the said Alpha stood silent. "I never would have thought that the upright Lan wolves would come here and invade my territory this way. Has the Lan pack become corrupted and resorted to forcefully claiming territories?" His words incited another wave of displeased growls to leave the angry wolves but Wang Yibo was still quiet. Seeing the lack of reaction from the Phoenix, He Peng's nostrils flared. "You fucking piece of rock. You think you can just come here with your minions and scare me? I will fucking end you!!", he screamed but this time there was someone from Yibo's side who laughed out loud. "You were right, Wang Yibo. This man has a death wish. Seeing so many of us before you, do you really think you will be able to even lay a finger on Wang Yibo, He Peng?" The voice belonged to Wang Talu, The Alpha of the Wang pack and brother of Wang Rong. The other Alphas laughed mockingly at He Peng and Wang Talu winked at the Wen Alpha who was getting red in the face. "Where is Zhan?", spoke Yibo coldly and at his voice everyone became quiet but He Peng's lips curled into a smug grin. "Who? Zhan? I have never heard that name before in my life. Has anyone?" He made a show of asking people around him and the men beside him shook their head in a no appearing scared as they moved their heads. "Where is my Zhan?", asked Yibo again and this time there was a hint of impatience and menace in the frigid tone that unnerved the Wens. "Like I said there is no Zhan here. If I find him, the Wens will do you a favor and bring him to you. If that's all, you may leave now, Wang Yibo." Yibo's mouth was set in a hard line and his eyes flashed golden as he took a step back. He Peng's brows furrowed at the action and uncertainty was visible on his face as he stared at the retreating Alpha. He gestured at his men to stay on guard and right then, Yibo's voice boomed into the forest. "Destroy these gates. Don't leave anyone alive." Yibo shifted instantly into a huge black wolf and seeing the huge black predator, He Peng unconsciously took a step back. The black wolf's hackles rose as he growled aggressively, the dominating Alpha vibes permeating the air. Howling into the deep forest he signalled his men to attack and at his instructions, the men ran towards the gates shifting midway and crashed into the iron gates, ripping it off it's hinges.