six.

"If it was all in our head, how did Y/n cut her hand?" Camilo asked as we stared at Pepa and Julieta. We had told Abuela and Pepa about the cracks after all the villagers left. And to our surprise, Abuela blew us off.

Now, we were in the kitchen and Julieta was making an arepa for me.

"We would never ruin Antonio's night, Mamá." Camilo huffed, wrapping his arm around my waist as I cradled my cut hand. "Is that was you think..?" Camilo asked, looking between the two women. The sisters looked at each other before Julieta sighed.

"What we think.. is that today was very hard for everyone." Julieta said softly as she walked over to my left side. "Especially you, Camilo." Pepa added, gently placing her hand on Camilo's shoulders. "That's- ugh!" Camilo groaned as he leaned his head back in frustration. "We were looking out for the family." Camilo sighed, looking at Pepa, who frowned. "Y/n might not be one of the Madrigals, and I might not have the most useful gift but.." Camilo sighed, hugging my side and resting his chin on my shoulder, "Whatever.." Camilo grumbled.

I frowned as I leaned my head against Camilo's, Casita bringing over the arepa on a plate. I looked to Julieta and smiled gratefully, holding my hand out. Julieta smiled back and gave me the arepa as Pepa started talking.

"I wish you could see yourself the way Y/n and I do.. Dolores, Antonio and Félix too.." Pepa sighed, Julieta leaving the room after. "You're perfect, just like this." I smiled at Camilo, taking a bite of the arepa after. "You're just as special as everyone else in this family." I mumbled, leaning my head onto Camilo's again.

Camilo grabbed my left hand as the cut healed, "Mhm.. Tía Julieta just healed your hand with an arepa con queso," Camilo huffed. Pepa groaned and walked off as a thundering cloud appeared over her head. She was probably going off to get her emotions under control.

"That's true.." I nodded, taking another bite of the arepa. "But," I started as I finished chewing, "We know what we saw. That's all that matters." I smiled at Camilo. He sighed and nodded as Julieta walked back into the room.

"My brother Bruno lost his way in this family," Julieta sighed as she began cleaning up the kitchen. "I don't want the same for either of you," Julieta glanced over her shoulder at us. "Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning." Julieta advised.

I sighed as I looked at all the pictures on the wall. The picture with Julieta now had me in it as well. We were smiling at each other as she handed me an arepa.

Would it change if I cooked something while using her powers..? And I was touching Camilo as well.. so do I have both their powers now?

I huffed and placed my head in my hands as the vision of the cracks going up to the candle flooded my mind.

This wasn't happening. The magic is fine. Casita is fine. What would happen to Camilo if the magic faded away? What would happen to Casita..?

My ears rung as the image of the candle almost going out played through my head over and over. I huffed as I stood and walked to the door, swinging it open. I jumped onto the lake, the water turning to ice beneath me as I walked.

Once I reached the main door of my room, I cracked it open and peaked out into the hallway.. It was empty. I nodded and quickly slipped out of my room, hurrying past Camilo's door.

Though as I was about completely pass it, I turned around and placed my hand on it. "I would ask for your help, but I don't want your family to turn against you if this all goes wrong," I whispered softly. "I'm going to figure this out. I promise.."

Though as I heard footsteps from Abuela's room, I pushed myself to the wall, shuffling slightly away from the window. I looked over and quietly gasped as Abuela came into view, holding something in her hands.