26. Smile.

"Maa aap ghar jaao it's quite late, Amit ko call kiya hai aata hoga, take back Shehnaaz's car as well Vikram hoga neeche" Sidharth spoke coming towards the ward, it was 10 in the morning, just an hour of him getting free from operation, was about to enter his car when he saw Shehnaaz's Car in the parking lot, VIP section. He then took out his phone and saw 15 missed calls of Raju from the past two hours, and 3 messages at 5 in the morning.

" Sidharth she was in pain! Hospital main hai Dr. Khurana hai saath main " The message read, a simple text enough to make him tensed and the next moment he gets a call from Nitin.

"Hello "

" Sir I'm sorry for disturbing again but I just noticed your mother in the gynae ward, I thought you might still be in the parking isliye thought to inform you "

" Coming you can leave Nitin! You might be tired as well"

An hour he has been figuring out what the case was, tired he was....... More than mental it was the physical exhaustion that was making him tired for now.
It was a case of actual contractions mild in nature but the delivery could be postponed as the cervix wasn't dilated as it should have been as of now and she was stable now, not fine completely yes the pain would be there but better than the previous night he was told. He couldn't do anything as of now as she was sleeping for three hours now.

" Sidharth I'm not going understood "

" Maa it's.... It's just I am worried for you as well, haven't eaten anything from some time and raat se jaag rahe ho, surgery main tha pata bhi nhi tha, tab se ho yaha aap, she is fine, when she gets up I will get her back as well, aapke sugar levels theek nhi aaye the kal, you need to have your breakfast too" He spoke sitting outside the ward closing his eyes and he felt Maa massaging his hairs making him sigh.

" Sidharth "

" I know aap kya soch rahe ho but kuch nhi hua and I'm fine " He whispered.

" Sab kuch likha hota hai Sidharth, if this child is gonna be a preterm remember it was pre-written" She spoke massaging his head and he nodded.

" Maa I'm fine jao aap, and haan please call Her parents in Chandigarh and Ananya... I guess I will do that"

" Main kar dungi don't worry " She spoke.

" Bura maanegi kya, I mean she would have no issues in telling her parents right"

" Nhi Sidharth nhi hogi usse dikaat and they are parents they need to know" She spoke.

" Chalo now go" He spoke detaching her hands from his hairs and throwing his head on the bench backwards sprawling on the same to relax him self.

"Shalini You need to be strong, Aunty ko kaise sambhalenge", a 25 year old Sidharth spoke to Shalini who was a crying mess. He was just done with his MBBS and was working as a Jr.Dr. in a hospital in Mumbai.

" Sidharth baba" She spoke crying and being breathless.

" Shshshs Itna royegi toh kaise chalega" He spoke hugging her close to himself, Shalini was the one who stood by him when he lost his Baba.