Introduction

currently under heavy editing! slow updates

[ 8.3.2023 ]

HER DARK ARTIFICE

Πολλά τα δεινά κουδέν ανθρώπου δεινότερον πέλει.

There are many evils and there is no worse evil than man.

Antigone

*

BOOK I
Her Dark Artifice
(1942-1943)

BOOK II
Hiraeth
(1944-)

*

[ extended summary ]

There's an evil brewing in the darkness, and a vice ready to emerge . . .

WE BEGIN IN late 1942 - Tom Riddle has begun his ascension to power and initiated a series of dark artifices. Upon returning to Hogwarts School to initiate his fifth-year, he is determined to uncover the truth of the fabled Deathly Hallows with the help of a gang of loyal accomplices, the Knights of Walpurgis.

All the while, Evadne Verlaine, elected prefect for Slytherin House, is a bright young witch eager to uncover the truth of her own lineage.

Plagued by visions of her own death at the hands of a dark wizard, Evadne assigns herself the fearful task of preventing it.

However, as time sheds its grains of sand in a grand hourglass, and the Clockwork of Man reaches its penultimate hours, Tom Riddle comes to realise that his rise to power isn't as easy as he preconceives it to be. For Evadne Verlaine is a shrewd witch with a surreptitious violence in her blood, and it seems, as if, Tom Riddle has finally met his match.

There is a darkness growing in the castle, and a vice greater than anything the wizarding world has ever seen threatening to emerge.

For a child who is not welcomed by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

*