Introducing Dylan Maxwell

_______________________

Embrace Your Voice
________________________

Wednesday morning Dylan sat in the stairwell his books resting on the stairs next to him. Frustration clear as day on his face, he didn't want to go into accounting. Much less study it, but once again it's all his parents would allow.

Sparing a glance to his guitar which rested on the step below him he sighed. What would be the harm? It wasn't like anyone was around, they were all in their dorms. And surely no one would care enough to come looking for whoever sings in the stairwell. But his voice was itching. He had to let it out.

Slowly he reached to pick up the guitar, searching for the first song that came to his mind before he started pulling on the strings. Humming lowly to the rhythm taking a deep breath before singing, Mercy by Shawn Mendes.

Starting in a soft melody as his heart sang out with him, oblivious to the world around him at that point. Raising his voice louder he started playing the guitar louder, pulling on the strings like his life depends on it.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caught his attention almost instantly, jumping slightly he put his guitar down turning his attention to the man towering above him.

A tall man dressed in a really expensive tux with his blonde hair combed back smiled down at Dylan who stared up at him in confusion.

"Nice voice, why don't you sing?"

Dylan tilted his head slightly, "I'm not cut out for it."

"Why's that?" The man chuckled.

"I don't feel comfortable sharing my life story with a stranger," Dylan replied giving him a pointed look.

"Let's cut to the chase then, I'm Ryder. My son goes to college here, I manage some of the biggest singer's in our time. I'd love it if I could give you the chance to embrace your voice."

Dylan's head tilted slightly in confusion, "Why?"

"You remind me of myself when I was younger," He chuckled before continuing, "You don't have to agree to anything right away, think about it and call me."

Reaching into his pocket Ryder pulled out a business card giving it to Dylan who hesitantly took it.

"Okay."

━━━•❅•°•❈❈•°•❅•━━━

Dylan never really embraced his talent, never cared for it. Always wanted a safe future, one he can depend on financially. After one day in the stairwell, Dylan called the agent.

One song was all it took for him to be well known along the whole state, and being one of the firsts at his age of merely nineteen Dylan had sold three albums already. Giving him a healthy financial future, but still he felt empty. Because something was missing.

He needed comfort, trust, just something more.

So he got a highly unlikely friend group which lead him to the lost Island.