26. I don't like girls.

Ivy.

"You need to tell her, you need to tell her, you must tell her!" Someone enchants, forcing me out of my slumber, and my eyes shoot open. My heavy breathing steadies when I recognize my ceiling board, Rihanna is smiling at me, and I smile back at her.

"Hey there," I whisper.

"Oh! Good, you're awake, how are you? What happened out there, you just…you just vanished and a second later I find you laying unconscious, where did Eve go?" Leah rumbles and I turn my head to look at her.

She is still wearing the same clothes she wore earlier, only this time her hair is messier, a few strands have escaped, and they have shaped her face together with her fringe.

"Why are you still here?" I ask, perplexed as I sit up. And hell oh hell, my body hurts.

"You just wanted me to dump you at your doorstep and leave?"

"Of course not." I groan. "Did my mother let you in?"

"Yes, and she rained hell on me, she said I am a bad influence on you and all I had to do was smile."

"I am sorry," I whisper with a smile. "What happened?"

"You tell me." she eyes me with  furrowed eyebrows, "You kissed me and took off with Eve."

Wait, kissed her? Really? How?

"What?"

"Don't you remember?"

I shake my head dismissively. How did I kiss Leah? The last thing I remember is Leah warning me to stay in the car, that's all. Unless…

I glance at the mirror and there she is with a grin on her face.

Bitch!

She did that thing again, where she takes over my body and mind and go on to fight people. And I am the one who suffers the consequences. The way my bones hurt.

"You need to tell her," she says, and I look away, I wonder if Leah can hear her.

But Leah keeps rumbling about how crazy it was, and that my mother was upset with her, that she is bad company, and she doesn't want her around me because she teaches me Bad habits.

Little does dear mother know how twisted this is, I qualify to be in a mental hospital right now, firstly I am talking to myself in the mirror. Secondly, I befriended the same vampires she thought did not exist and oh, I am in battle with one.

She doesn't even know her daughter is a threat to the vampires. Very oblivious. I wish there is a way I can let her in on this, but Vera said it wasn't time to bring her in yet. I wondered when the right time would come.

"Why did you kiss her?" I glare at Vera.

"What?" Leah asks, oh of course Leah cannot hear Vera, but she can hear me. Great.

"I am sorry you went through all that, I guess I was just drunk."

"Oops," Vera teases, placing a hand to her mouth. I want to look away from the mirror, but her voice still rings in my ear. "Don't deny that you like her."

"I don't like girls," I mumble, glaring back at Vera.

"Yeah, me neither," Leah next to me says in a high-pitched voice, I almost think she is uncomfortable.

Fuck.

"Leah," I breathe. I have no idea what to say to her, "My body hurts. I think Eve did a number on me."

"She did not even touch you," Vera says with so much pride.

I ignore her.

"I think you should go home to Darius, he must be worried about you." I force a smile.

"He knows I am with you, besides he'd rather I am here than home."

I smile and place a hand over her shoulder. "I appreciate your help, Leah, not many can do that for me," I tell her truthfully. I still don't understand why she would abandon her kind to help me, and I am not complaining, it's just too good of her to believe.

"I can stay if you like." her face saddens.

I smile. "I will be alright, my neighbor has this thing that helps with the body pains."

"Fine then," she says and without another word, she leaves my room. I hear voices downstairs, I can only imagine what my mother is saying to her.

"What happened?" I ask Vera, we can finally talk now. Leah is not here to deem me insane.

"When I took over in the car, I went outside and kis-"

"Let's skip that part," I interrupt her.

"Fine." she raises her hands. "So, I led Eve away, I didn't want Leah to see what you're. What we are. Eve, of course, being Eve rumbled about how her boyfriend is dying and bla bla, then she tried to attack me, then I used some magic, and she crumbled. I could have finished her, but she was helpless, so I gave her more time to prepare. She will come back, Ivy and I hope we will be ready then, both of us."

Whoa, she talks a lot. Did she say magic?

"You said something about magic?" I asked the only question that made sense.

"Yes, we can practice magic thanks to Sierra, and she asked me to teach you. It's too powerful it might kill you if you're not careful, so I need to mentor you."

"You're in the mirror, how will you do that? And why did granny curse me with some magical stuff that I did not ask for?" I question, anger boiling inside me.

If not for her, none of this would be happening. I wouldn't be having a bounty over my head, I would be a normal teenager and be happy. But because my nana wanted to transfer her raggedy ass magic to me, she passed along all the bad things too. Now I have to leave fearing who will murder me and whatever.

"Simple," Vera says and rumbles something in a language I don't understand, while she keeps her eyes closed and moves her hand.

I feel a shock through me and a minute later, my entire body stops hurting.

How did she do that?

"How did you do that?" Impressed I ask.

"I told you it's simple. Now, you need to tell Leah about all this, so far, she is the only one you can trust, and don't despise Sierra for granting you her powers, you will thank her for what is to come."

"What is coming?"

"Oh, you have no idea."

#